Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

a aha moment

sube

Been really putting the nox to the test for the last few weeks .I am hunting a site that has shallow coins Indians are 4 inch max and have never dug a coin past 5 inches here reason being is the dirt is very compact dense not loamy all targets are in the 1 to 4 inch range .so one would say it should be whipped out .

I am running iron bias at Fe2 at 0 recovery at 6 because everything is shallow park 1 5 tone the reason I use 5 tone instead of 50 is I can here the iron just fine with the coin also the crackle and the dreaded chop of the double high tone over a nail .

So I get this target a garble pile of crap double high tone with iron buzzing every where can't pinpoint anything depth reading says 2 inches swinging left to right 21 and 19 the other way well zincet or Indian I am thinking but it's double like a nail small nails seem to hit 21 to 19 all the time but when pinpoint they are long one way and coin like the other way .Coins on edge sound the same .

So I dig a 3 inch plug come up with a 3 inch nail da fooled again so I swing again same thing double high tone reading 19 to 20 pinpoint another target to the side of the hole a 2 inch nail da swing it again 19 to 20 still doubled pinpoint again now I am on the other side of the first plug dig a 3 inch plug throw it to the side to get the pin pointer out as I am putting it in the hole I see a silver rim sticking out of the plug da what the heck is that so I look at the plug carefully and see that the coin is only a 1 1/2 inch deep standing on edge and get this there's a 1/2 inch piece of nail directly above it a 53 Roosevelt dime now who would of thought a 21 to 19 would be a silver dime .

I also have hunted another site where I never find coins same set up coins are shallow reason why I never found anything there . But running the nox like I am first time there 6 wheat's 1 to 2 inches deep (WHAT) like I said aha moment. sube

I dig so many iffy targets it will make your head spin yesterday I was running as almost always field 2 recovery 4 that allows me to crank my sensitivity up towards 25
And less prone to EMI works well iron bias 1 at 0 iron bias 2 at 2
Mark

Its an amazing sifter/sorter isn't it. Thanks for the write up, you might have said 6 or 11 inch?
Jeff

laplander said:
Its an amazing sifter/sorter isn't it. Thanks for the write up, you might have said 6 or 11 inch?
Jeff

6 inch head 11 just to much crap in the ground. sube

Sure, not a target I would have dug, unless the sound was there as well as iron.

Tony NJ

That’s the thing...21-19 ISNT a silver dime, but a silver dime with a 1/2” piece of nail is! I recently dug a large cent about 6” deep with a 21-22 reading. There was an 8” piece of barbed wire right in the side of the hole with it. That should’ve been a 29-30, if not a tad higher, if the coin was by itself....
I dug it because there weren’t many things to dig. I never found it with the CTX because many times I’ll have that range disced out....