Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

#^%$*^*

rever5101

well i had all this week off and spent about 3-4 hrs every day hunting for old coins and aside from 2 wheaties (one in the wood chips) no luck at all ive come to the conclusion that this town is completely tapped out not even much clad around 7 or 8 bucks (in 8 days ) worst week ever

The old train depot or next to the old houses didn't find you much loot? How about checking old swimming holes. Keep a look out for construction around old areas. Turned over dirt is easy pickins. Don't give up on the tot lots. Trying going there at the end of a busy day or very early the next morning. When kids are leaving a private school and run to get into the car, the easement there is a good spot to MD. Get your second wind and don't give up.

I started detecting back in 1994 and I can say that there are alot less places to hunt for good finds. If your looking for the old stuff you need to find some place in the woods that no one else knows about. If I want to go detecting it means a drive somewhere other the area I live in. Because it's also tapped not only from me but other people as well.

look for places nobody wants to detect or like john 'n' w.VA says construction sites, new road construction, or like i detected today the edge of a park where they (city worker) are installing a new sidewalk they plowed up the grass and are going to form it up to pour the sidewalk but not before i detect it i hope i started today and got rained on. I'll be there first thing in the morning i found a little guitar that must of came of a chain and some clad coinage. i am always looking for places they are tearing down old houses and such. i detected for about 8 hours today and didn't find sh$% but thats how it goes. i found the sidewalk on the way home i will drive Thur the older parts of town just scoping it out even if it take longer to get home just for that reason

The corner of 13th st. and palmetto is where they pulled up the sod in an easement in Sanford. Found some really old and beautiful wheat's. People say most of the finds are between 4 and 6" deep. That is because that is their MD'er's range. There are still good finds deeper. When I am in the easements I really have to go carefully to pick out the 8" finds. When I'm in Sanford those are the wheat's. When they pull up the sod it's great hunting. Same for around here. When they demo a house and grade the ground, I find the really old stuff. Things from the 1800's. I would like a MD'er that would go 20" deep and I would decide what I want to dig. If it went that deep the ID should be good at least to 12".

it's in sanford.. i got permisson to hunt the train station went there friday didn't find much of anything but it was easy diggin.

The old one at first and Myrtle I MD'ed a little, but got tired of the huge amount of modern trash. Check out any houses that are being restored. I have never been turned down when I asked to MD them.

Yeah. Some days are diamonds, some days you may even find diamonds; other days are rock bottom. It looks like you've just had the latter:(. Hopefully, hunts will be better in future.
Mick Evans.

Newly excavated sites are good also, plus where they dump dirt they have removed from building sites.

Bill