Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

8x14 Deepscan coil for MXT

Moe (FL)

I have been detecting for about 6 months. Own an MXT (1 month). I have the 9.5" and 4x6 DD coils. I have been thinking to get a bigger coil for deeper targets. Heard that the 8x14 deepscan is supposed to be great for depth and accuracy for the MXT. Is this true? What kind of depth can you expect with the 8x14? Does the pinpointing feature work? What other big coils are good for the MXT? I live in Florida so most of my detecting is parks, old sites, and beach.

thanks.
HH.
- Moe

Hi Moe, You might want to try the 6x10 coil before you go to the 8X14. It is lighter and has excellent depth. When I am in trashy areas I use the small Excelerator coils, 4.5x7 and 6 inch(prototype), but when I am out in not so trashy areas I always hunt with the 6x10. I have not used the 8x14, but I can imagine trying to swing it all day. Just my opinion. HH Dennis in Idaho

Yup it is heavy. Great coverage and good depth on coin size targets. DD good for mineralized ground. There's a sweetspot decal on the coil for pinpointing, or the prefer method is wiggle side to side and slide coil back and the targets in front of tip of coil. I use the swingy-thingy sold at docs. or you could make one. I usually scrub the ground slightly normally when I search. It's hard to judge depth , I have several excelerators and with mild mineralization concentric coils do well in central Kentucky. It would be good to try one out before you buy one. Good luck.

The Deepscan is awesome especially in mineralized ground and deeper than the stock coil by 2-4". I use the Deepscan here in California because were I am located the ground is very mineralized. It's heavy, but no worse than swinging a Minelab Explorer. I mainly use the 6x10 Eclipse or the stock coil, but for sites with very little trash or salt beaches the Deepscan is the way to go. If your ground is not bad I would recommed the Hotshot coil from Jimmy Sierra if you want a large coil but for heavy mineralization the Deepscan is the way to go.