Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

8x14 DD coil on a DFX

Gadget Guru

Hello, I am new to metal detecting & this forum.:beers:

I purchased a whites DFX about 8 weeks ago. I used my "shopper dollars" from whites Xmas special & purchased a 8 x 14 DD eclipse coil.
Is there a certain way to set it up or just plug and play?

I tried it a week ago and had a hell of a time pin-pointing anything. When I use my 950 coil it is on the money. (no pun intended)
A 2" round hole and there it is, Using the 8x14 coil I wind up digging a 2 foot round hole try to find the item.:blink:

I do have a few more questions about this machine but will wait to see what people have to say to this problem first.:drinking:

Thanks for your replies.
:thumbup:

The best way I have found to pinpoint the large DD coils is to first center the target. Then pull the coil back until it goes quite. The target will be in front of the tip of the coil. You will be within a inch or two of the target at most. I hope this helps. Mike

Centered over target....3 quick trigger pulls, keeping the trigger pulled, instantly shrinks the target audio, giving you a more precise pinpoint, while still using the traditional pinpoint method.

Dave