Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

800 numbers?

JAN1

After my SE Pro died again I bit the bullet and purchased an 800.
Had an outing down the beach yesterday but as the sand is very deep not much to find.
Question is there a number under which you will not dig. Also if the signal jumps about the numbers is it worth digging.
As I am not getting the good signals at the moment cannot get used to the machine.

Some beaches are so clean, targets are scarce. I dig all repeatable numbers. Use AM because I like iron spikes and artifacts too. When I get a signal, even if not strong enough to register a number on the display, I rotate slowly around it. Sometimes this brings in a number or the audio gets better. I might kick or scoop away sand. Careful with a small hole as you might hear the edges as you sweep.

Bring a nickel and if you have it a silver dime. I placed my silver dime in a 2 inch piece of doubled packing tape too give it some bulk. Then you can bury and practice those two. I do not pay too much attention to the number itself, first I listen to the tone, then I might look at the display last. You could even bring an old nail to place next to the coin to learn that sound. I am amazed at how small an item NOX will find.

Suggest you stick with default settings until thoroughly familiar then change one or two things to suit you, your location and what you seek. Good luck, sand will move one day and you will find things.

Thanks for the reply.
I was having lots of signals with no numbers coming up on the screen so I thought it was falsing.
Still using factory settings until I get used to it. Do the same as my SE Pro and listen to the tones but shall have to wait until the east winds clear a lot of sand from the beaches (300 within 1hrs drive).
I find the 800 very sensitive having found ,177 air gun pellets and tiny copper rivets at a depth which I could hardly see.
When I go to the beach the first thing I do is to put a found gold ring on the sand so I can check the tone.
Expect there will be plenty of finds over the winter even if it is only masses of fishing weights.
The best thing I find about the 800 is the light weight and the fact that it is waterproof unlike my 10 year old SE which died because of water getting into the battery compartment.
Happy hunting everyone.

On the beach I use beach 2 sensitivity about 21 recovery speed 4 iron bias F2 7 and I dig anything from +1 and up.
The gold rings I have come in at 8 to 19.
Most targets below 8 will be small scrap but that's also where some gold chains come in.

Sometimes when I get a non repeatable blip I use the pinpointer on the nox to tell if there is a target and how big it is. I have dug coins very deep using this method. GL

jayhop said:
On the beach I use beach 2 sensitivity about 21 recovery speed 4 iron bias F2 7 and I dig anything from +1 and up.
The gold rings I have come in at 8 to 19.
Most targets below 8 will be small scrap but that's also where some gold chains come in.

Thanks for the info! I am heading to the beach next Friday for my first spin the the 800.