Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

800 Gone

W

woody

The 800 was just too complicated for me so I sold it. Just ordered a 600, maybe a little more simple. The dealer says I can expect some ( don't know how much) depth loss. Any idea how much?

They are basically the same machine. The 800 allows for more customization, higher individual frequencies (most of us use 'multi' which are the same between the two machines), and a gold prospecting mode in which most people don't use. Depth wise, they are equal in the multi mode. I would not use your dealer anymore.

I have never ever heard that the 800 gives any more depth than the 600. I think your source is incorrect.

...as CCadrin stated above, these are the same animals....the 6 just has less bells & whistles and less frequencies to bounce around in
still not real complicated though in deference to your comments
just dial back the SENS until she becomes more familiar...and toggle around your frequencies if she will not settle down after numerous attempts to NC the Nox
i was very aggravated with the machine for the first several months.....and now i adore the thing and regularly run her SENS at 23-25
i have the 6 and that is all you need!!.....you do not lose depth at all....

I have both the 600 and 800. Your dealer is slightly correct but it is just a settings discrepancy. The only way that you can have less depth on the 600 is due to the recovery speed differences in the default settings for each mode. The 600 has three settings = 1,2 and 3. The 800 has six settings =12345 and 6. 600 1 = 800 2 etc. Some of the defaults for the 800 are set on the odd numbers and the 600 defaults all equal the 800's equal numbers. I have seen a 1/2" or so difference. That is not a fault of the 600. Like everyone has said they have exactly the same transmit and receive capabilities in Park, Field and Beach modes.

Jeff

jmaclen said:
I have both the 600 and 800. Your dealer is slightly correct but it is just a settings discrepancy. The only way that you can have less depth on the 600 is due to the recovery speed differences in the default settings for each mode. The 600 has three settings = 1,2 and 3. The 800 has six settings =12345 and 6. 600 1 = 800 2 etc. Some of the defaults for the 800 are set on the odd numbers and the 600 defaults all equal the 800's equal numbers. I have seen a 1/2" or so difference. That is not a fault of the 600. Like everyone has said they have exactly the same transmit and receive capabilities in Park, Field and Beach modes.

Jeff

Very good explanation.

Wow ... how simple do you need?
Turn it on, select the program, noise cancel, and hunt.
If you do not prospect for gold then the 600 is all you need but it works the same way as the 800.
You just can not select the two higher fixed frequency's for gold prospecting.
If the 800 was to complex for you the 600 will ave the same issues.

Keep your 800 its very easy to learn like stated above select program noise cancel and go

...dealer speak with forked tongue! Wouldn't expect much help down the road...find a better dealer!

woody said:
The 800 was just too complicated for me so I sold it. Just ordered a 600, maybe a little more simple. The dealer says I can expect some ( don't know how much) depth loss. Any idea how much?

*********************************​

Woody......In reality, you've made a wrong decision; but your reasons are a reflection on your lack of willingness to get the right advise first'.

I hope your present dealer wasn't involved in your lack of help.

Despite my comments, I do understand how you possibly felt about settings etc and 'best mode for the job'

Minelab's manual ISN'T the easiest to digest.....and others may disagree, but the queries on this forum highlight those facts.

Too much abbreviated descriptions, especially for 'noobies'.....Cut the hype Minelab....and focus on explaining your great EQUINOX in a more conversational manner.

The ordinary headphones are a disgrace.....a shame for whoever was responsible for their poor materialistic qualities.(i.e. adjustable-head-phone plastic-strip'.)

Also.......SOFTWARE UP-GRADES.are required.

Contact me MINELAB, via my mail...and I will be happy to share my thoughts...matt