Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

8 inch or stock

massdigr

I was wondering what choice of coil are you all using. I have the Stock 10.5 and i also have the 8 inch excellerator by Detech. I mostly use the 8 inch. I seem to be able to pinpoint better with it. My question would be how much depth am i giving up.Now that beach weather is here in Ma. should i go to the stock coil or will the 8 in. get me deep enough at the beach.I have dug some Buffalo and V nickels at local parks between 5-8 inches deep ( the silver still seems to be eluding me). Thanks for all the great posts and Info.I guess i still have a lot of learning to do.

HH
thanks Rick,

The Silver always seems to get picked over more quickly. I have the 7.5 DD minelab coil that I use occasionally. I probably should use it more. I know it would help weed out those masked targets I am missing with the stock coil. I would say 6-7 inches for a penny/dime is about the limit for it. Might do 8" for a nickel.

Mirage

Hi Rick
So far all I have used is the 10.5" stock coil and I have no problem getting down to the 10-12" range for coin size targets when there down that far. Obviously the quarters, large cents and halves give a better signal when that deep due to the size, but I have dug a few 10" dimes and the signal wasn't bad. The ID number was a little lower than normal but it was a high tone repeatable signal. I want a smaller coil for my junk filled parks but if I were near a beach I would go for the 15" WOT coil. I hear great things about that coil. Good luck beach hunting post some of those diamond rings you'll be finding.
HH Butch NY