Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

8 inch momo unstable

shocker2u

I got off early and hit the water with the infinium today.Machime worked good on sand but sounds like a accordian in the water'Boy does it like iron!I installed a magnet in my long handle scoop and it works quite well .Started getting frustrated at the constant false signals at the end of each swing.tried pump balance on fast then slow then lock.no luck My ears are still ringing!Going to switch back to big D COIL AND SEE IF IT IS MORE STABLE.Wondering if i should have got the Excaliber for the iron rejection feature.Next kid i see with a sparkler im going to break his fingers.lots of wire and beer caps!not many coins 2 in 2 hours 20 pieces of iron.tried running thresh hold silent raised discrimination to no avail.i am here on the gulf of mexico in florida .any clues ? comments?I miss my old pi 1000! wayne

[quote shocker2u] installed a magnet in my long handle scoop and it works quite well .[/quote]Have you ever found a magnet with a detector. It makes them go crazy. It might be the magnet in your scoop. Just a thought.

[quote Uncle Willy]Yeah magnets emit a field that can be picked up by a detector at some distance..

Bill[/quote]I think we are on to something Bill..................

Most other detectors designed for water (salt) hunting are tuned to eliminate the salt factor. Garrett chose to not eliminate the salt, as some small gold is lost as you increase the amount of disc to eliminate the salt. So, you must advance the discrimination to around 2-4 to run it stable in salt water. The machine WILL operate in all areas with salt water. If the area you are hunting is loaded with lots of iron, you will unfortunately pick it up. That's typical with all pi's. You should switch to another machine with discrimination to hunt with some peace and quiet (stability). Unfortunately, you will lose depth and miss the deep well sought after targets such as gold. Most people who do well with the Infinium use it on regulalrly hunted or hunted out beaches where a lot of the iron has been removed by others hunting, leaving the real deep gold for your picking. They also have a second water machine to deal with iron laden targets beaches. No machine does it all.

Try turning up your discrimination and digging only the high low signals if searching for gold. The targets with a long sustain are usually pop can sized targets. The double bleeps are usually bobby pins. Use the iron check if you like. If you adjust the iron check knob to its extreme, iron sound will not change too much. However, aluminum and gold will give a nice soft sound. Gold will give off a soft, well defined signal no matter which way you swing it. I have pulled out gold rings well over 14" with my Infinium using the 8" mono coil. It is my favorite. My buddy uses the large DD coil and does well with his. The Infinium is also tone sensitive, in that it tends to give off a harsher sound on old rusted iron.

If you are out in the surf and experiencing falsing / instability, try lowering the electronics into the water. That quite often removes a lot of the chattering.

Give the Infinium the time it deserves to learn, and you will be pulling targets out at unbelievable depth.

Hope this helps.......

<center>

OK, (1) How are you wrapping the coil cable? (2) did you try the Black Davy "frequency adjust trick"? (3) An aggressive ground balance involves slow bobbing of the coil with it sitting on the sand at some point while tuning out the grounding affects. I start in slow until smooth, then I do the same in fast then lock, spending time to do the balance is critical to smooth operation. I was having the same type of problem and found the PI detection field was so sensitive it was picking up my scoop on some of the swings. I also had signals from some water boots that had metal eyelets on them. I think the water intensified the signals (you did say you had a magnet in the scoop). I won't even mention using the reverse disc or the Iron-check function until we get this figured out with the detector running stable for you. Send me a PM and I'll help where I can and get help from others too!!! Remember, I'm not a pro with this detector yet but hope I can help some.
Thanks and HH!