Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

"8-Inch EXcelerator" Does it perform better than the 6x10?

the most in more open areas.

Now, we all know that an open question like "does it perform better" is really all dependant upon the impressions of each individual. For ME. having used the Mini DD, 5.3 Eclipse, 6x10 DD and stock 950. I wasn't all that impressed with the 6x10. Overall I preferred the 5.3 Eclipse for "general hunting" applications as I got depth equal to, or better than, the 6x10.

So, I settled on the 5.3 and stock 950 and then kept an open mind as I evaluated various 'aftermarker' coils. In doing so, I found that I especially liked the 5" EXcelerator for the trashiest of sites. The 5.3 Eclipse, like White's 5.3 Black Max and 5.3 BullsEye coils, is actually a 6

We are going Sun to test the Tesero I got from you along with my (New Motherboard) Repaired DFX--So far The DFx is Unbleaveable QUITE ----IT been falsing bad every since I bought it new-

since it is quieter now, if you think it has anything on your MXT.

Are you just going somewhere up there in your area? How'd you do last week on the club member outing?

Monte

Did not do very good on the club hunt (thats normal) Dont know about you but I have never did very good under the St. Johns Bridge Except finding nuts bolts that fall off of it---We were testing the Tesero I got from you a lot of the time---Found a running Watch after We left and got I back in Wa.----Going over to have Barbecued Fresh Tuna and do a couple of hours hunting with my Daughter and son in Law Sun.--When I leave I am taking the DFX with me to do some testing between the Dfx.and the Mxt as I am off work from Aug 10 to 22--

The white's Eclipse DD the 6 by 10, i guess is the size. The one that is suppose to be for nuggets. But like previously stated this is an opion type thing. Have not had the chance to try an excelerator coil yet. I've got 4 coils for my mxt now. I'm very pleased with my results i have a hard time believing it could get any better.

My favorite is the White's smallest dd (3x6 i think) I think it outperforms the excelerator by far. The coil I dislike the MOST is the White's 6 x 10 DD. Mine is terrible as it just chatters all the time.

I have to agree on the 6x9 eclipse. Some things I learned this season. Yes in Wisconsin we have a season. I have been using the eclipse 90 percent of the time. My finds for the year have been much greater than previous years. Could it be the sites I am hunting? Maybe. I am hitting many of the same sites I have hit before. First I dont' think depth is always your friend. Living in the rust belt there seems to be an abundance of deep rusty iron most everywhere. So by using the eclipse I get less depth over the stock coil which is proving to be a good thing as targets are not being masked by deep iron.I am still pulling dimes and wheats at 8-9 inches and halves at 10-12 inches.Went to a new site today first hour pulled 2 mercs and 3 wheaties. not much trash. Decided to put the stock coil on no more goodies except deeper iron. Second because of the footprint of the coil I am able to work trashy areas better than with the stock.Pinpointing with the eclipse is much better also. I have been looking at the 8" excel. as I have a 5" that I also use and like it. I want one real bad but am trying to hold off. There is a difference between wants and needs.

For the real trashy sites the 4X6 is hard to beat. These 2 coils are the best in my opinion and have proved it when hunting.

.....My main coil on my MXT is the 6X10. Mine is not that chatty, no more so than the MXT is with any of the other coils I have with it. You may want to send that coil in to get looked at.

It should NOT be noisey or chattery. Send it to White's with a letter explaining the problem. The 10x6 is my favorite coil; far outperformed the Excellerator 12 and 14 DD's. HH jim