Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

8.5" or 10x5 elliptical should i use on vaquero to get more depth?

I dont't know if this will be helpful or not but thought I'd mention it. I havent used a DD yet on my Vaquero, but plan to because the concentric 8X9 wouldn't ground balance on dry Outer Banks beaches at all. Too much black sand. I have used all size (5,8 10, 15 inch) DD coils on my minelab and also a 5X10 DD on my whites Goldmaster 4B. Pinpointing with DD is the pain. However, the elliptical 5X10 makes it easier by following the signal and moving to the tip of the coil and you are right on the money. You can also move the coil forward up the the target and when it just begins to sound off it will be right at the tip. You could also do reverse using the heel of the coil also. The round DD will be harder to pinpoint with. VCO doesnt seem to help for me too much, maybe because of the lower tone of all metal (I have the high tone Vaquero and think it is alot better). As for depth, i would think they are comparable. My 5X10 goes really deep and the elliptical coil also gives more separation in trash. I really like the feel and operation of the elliptical over round. Hope this helps some. Good Luck!

hey cash are you saying you could not ground balance withe vaquero but you were able to with the others. have you found any other places where that happened?