Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

7CentsWorth & Sgt. Silverman Relic Hunt

Sgt. Silverman

Praise be to God for the FindMall Christian Forum. Without the CMF, I can't imagine what it would be like not getting the opportunity to meet such incredible Christians such as 7CentsWorth and 4EverHis102399. (Better known as Travis and Liz and of course, precious Loren) So thus my journey begins.....

After 6 months of planning a trip out to see 7centsworth, I was finally able to head up to see him in KY for the first time this weekend. It was an awesome drive from NC to KY, and I was pretty excited to finally meet Travis, Liz, Loren and Zane (a #1 guardian all detectorists should have). I got in about 5pm Friday night and we all went out to eat at a fantastic BBQ restaurant and broke bread. We talked about how great the Lord has been in our lives until almost 11:30 Friday, and then we finally turned in.
Saturday morning was pouring out, but that didn't stop us! With rain slickers on, we hit an early 1900's house for a couple of hours, then we were off to a Civil War Union encampment. We had a blast! As you can see by the pictures, it turned out to be a beautiful day and it was in the low 70's. PERFECT detecting weather.
Travis was there with camera in hand as I unearthed my first TRUE civil war relic! Travis ended up for the day with 10 bullets (some nice dropped 3 ringers) and some odds and ends, and I got 4 bullets (one pistol bullet that we are identifying) and some odds and ends. All-in-all it turned out to be an incredible adventure and the best 24 hours I've spent with great friends in a long time. Memories I will cherish forever!
Thank you so much for your friendship, hospitality and Christian fellowship Travis and Liz, and may the Lord Jesus Christ continue to Bless you and your family forever. I am truly honored to have met you both.

Greg

and for all the finds! Wish I could meet my CMD Friends but unable to travel and the finances are scarce...so not been able to do so...But would be great and make an old city/country gal happy...anyway, if not on earth, we will meet each other in the air with Jesus taking us into our Father's beautiful, golden city with our new Homes awaiting His loving and faithful saints! Amen! Congrats on the Civil War finds, too,...must be a great feeling to dig those old bullets and relics...I did get to hunt in a Civil War area a few times and I was even blessed to find an 1863 Silver Quarter...my first find after digging a piece of wire! I was tired, hot and dirty but happy! May God Bless you with continued joy and happiness in our Lord Jesus and with meeting more of our Christian Brothers and Sisters! Amen! :angel: Ma

I had a great time also. I had so much stuff to share I started another thread. The first picture with the dog in the field , if you look real close you can see Sgt. Silverman by the trees swinging away.

I never new you took that picture of me and Zane detecting. Nice picture.

Unfortunately...burgundy / purple. I'm glad Al isn't home until Tuesday so it will have a couple days to get lighter... I hope :) It was worth it though.

I too have been blessed to meet many members of the forum over the years. Great going on the finds guys. By the way You guys are all on my list to meet up with!

I wish you button was all there that was a good find.

It's funny how you were just telling me you found two buttons as I'm in the hole... pulling out my first button of the day. (Well, the back anyway :) )

Mike, we'd love to hook up with you too. Maybe we could have a group hunt to where we could all meet in a Central area perhaps? Maybe as gas goes down it might be more affordable for people. If this is a possibility, I'd go.

We are so glad to have met you and had a wonderful time! Thank you for your kindness and for the nice meal....food is best with family and friends (really a true statement). You sure have made an impression on Travis and believe me when I say,,,,that is hard to do! I certainly hope to see you as well as your whole family, again. Loren is so excited at the prospect of receiving a letter back from one or all of your kiddos. Tell Alyssa, Veronica, Elizabeth and Gregory that we said hello! Next time you get a hankering for the BEST slaw in the world, remember it's only 7 hours away ;)

Yeah that was weird. That is the third or four button that has been found in that field.

Sounds like everyone had a great time experiencing Christian fellowship. Delighted y'll could get together.

C. Nyal de Kaye said:
Thanks for the lovely story Greg, it was nice to read.

A great day apparently, so well done.

Definitely looking forward to that Cole Slaw, trust me... and those ribs, those were the best! Travis made a huge impression on me also. It's nice to meet kindred spirits and am I looking forward to seeing you guys again sometime. I will tell the family you said hello, and I will be sure the little ladies will be excited to start the pen pal writing. Thanks again for everything Liz!

I'm so glad you all were able to get together and go detecting. I enjoy all the photos you have shared. Last month we were in Laurel Springs Kentucky overnight on our way to South Carolina. Is that close to you guys?

I think laurel springs is close to London Ky . That is a bout 2 hours from me if that is where it is.