Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

705 on micro jewlery?

petew

I was wondering if anyone hunts for just jewelry on days,what coil works best and does it hit chains and smaller gold?thanks

The HF coil should work best. Now which one I can say but would expect that the Minelab 6" but that is just a hunch.The 5x10" as much as I liked it would not hit really tiny targets as well as two machines I own that are lower kHz machines. One at 13 and the other at 15.

Smaller coils and higher frequencies are the ticket for small gold. And don't forget that you have Prospector Mode w/Iron Mask that makes the 705 very sensitive to non-ferrous metal.
To answer your question more directly, the 6" HF DD is your best option for finding the smallest gold. In Prospector Mode it will hit .02gm pickers, so fine jewelry certainly won't escape it even in Disc Mode.

Although I agree with OLH on the 6" HF coil, I've found a couple of really nice and very thin gold chains with my 10.5" MF DD so you just never know. I think it also has to do with how it's lying under the surface.