Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

705 coil question

petew

I'm getting a digger coil for coins but would like a hf Coil for park jewelry hunting.I can get a 6 inch. Hf or a. 5x10hf,my question is what would be better?I would like to go out sometimes just for gold

I think they are both good choices for jewelry. but I would go with the 5 x 10 it will cover more ground and still find the small stuff.and you can still use the digger for the trashy areas :)

I know a lot of folks who post here shout praises for the elliptical. But, for park jewelry hunting, when it comes down to the 6-inch Minelab HF or the 5 X 10-inch Elliptical HF by Minelab, I prefer the 6-inch in park environments for a couple reasons. One, it covers LESS ground with each pass, making for better target separation. And two, keeping in mind I've tried more than one of each, my 6-inch HF coil hunts just as deep as my elliptical. Like I said, that is my opinion. Your mileage may vary. JMHO HH Randy

I have used both HF coils, and for park jewelry hunting the 6 inch HF was much better for me. I even use it now for dry sand jewelry hunting and sold the 5x10.

Only true way of knowing is to use both in your hunting areas and see which one works better for you.

I have to admit that I've never understood the attraction to elliptical coils beyond the solid bottom. They are depth limited by their width, and separation limited by their length heel-to-toe.

You can't go wrong listening to Randy's recommendations.

Well,my minds made up,I'm getting the digger and the 6 hf Coil, been eying up a Used e Trac but I figure I'll enjoy the xterra a little longer first.this is my first minelab and I am impressed.

Even when you decide to go for an E-Trac, you might want to consider keeping the 705 for what it can do that the E-Trac can't. They compliment each other well.

Thanks for the advice,will do.I like the 705 .what are a good set of headphones?I'm using a little set of bounty hunters,not too good.

Most prefer the Sun Ray Pro Gold's for wired phones.
If wireless is what you're interested in, then the TDK WR700 set is the best w/o breaking the bank.

Well,should have the digger and 6hf next week.think I jumped the gun with this 15 Mf coil,seems great but more than I might need.it just might end up in the classifieds.......

You might want to hold off peddling the 15" MF. There are 12 authorized coils available for Xterras, and none are redundant, meaning that they all bring something different to the table and each has it's place. If you find that it doesn't get any use in your hunting situations then it becomes a different story, but so far I've personally only sold off one coil because it didn't fill my needs.

I went with the 6" HF DD. I like having the option of submerging if I wish to hunt near water. Great coil! Great separation and handles EMI much better than the MF coils.