Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

7 Hours with my DFX including 3 silver dimes!

omahamike

I finally got my DFX back from Whites after buying it used on ebay and it arriving broken. Decided to spend an entire day, skipping lunch, and go to a site near my house that was built in the 1920's that I am positive has not been searched before. What a day! Total of 7 hours of detecting and found the following:

69 pennies with 4 wheat backs in the 1940's
18 nickles with 2 buffalo, 1916 and a no date
47 dimes with 3 silver, 1919, 1953 and 1957
22.5 quarters all clad (one run over by a lawn mower)
1 silver St Christopher's medal which my daughter immediately claimed so it is not in the photo

Total take - 156.5 coins

I was going to try to find 200 but my back was giving out. I am not 15 anymore. How anyone can do 200 in a day is beyond my comprehension. I also will start trying some of the tweaks to get more depth as I am sure I missed a lot of the old stuff. Bumping up the pre-amp gain and lowering the AC sensitivity wasn't working for me today so I just used the coins program in the unit. I tried the deep silver program but was getting a lot of beeping that was driving me a little nuts so went to coins for most of the day. I am going to give me XLT to my 11 year old daughter as wants to get into coin shooting too.

You had a very good day Mike.Looks like you made a good choice in detectors.

You put in some serious time and came out with some nice finds... For 200 coin days..a packed lunch...a great location...a washroom near by.... and keeping count helps alot. I like to count in groups of 10....then once I hit 10...I start next count by calling it group2 and so on.... I had a few 200 coin days this year...just as part of goal setting...but I like the 3-4 hour hunts better...

I think the extra depth I was seeing today will help in the long run. Plus I was seeing lots of extra depth tinkering with the pre amp gain and the ac sensitivity. Once I get more comfortable with the mods I will probably do better. I think I missed a lot of coins today but got a taste of what was there. Having done a lot of research for my area, I have quite a few sites to go to that I am very certain have not been searched by anyone. By the way, the 1919 Mercury dime was only 1" deep in an area that was freshly sodded so I think there are still some very good coins out there.

Thanks for the advice. I only had coffee for breakfast so I had no need for a restroom but was very hungry all day. Will take your advice next weekend and see how I do. With the 4 wheaties that I found I filled another Mason jar with coins. Will start working on filling another tomorrow.