Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

7.5 KHz DD coil - 10.5 inch question

sport.pilot

Hello all,

I received my new coil yesterday and decided to give it a try in my test garden. I noticed something that I have not noticed with the other coils I have (6 inch DD, elliptical DD and standard concentric coil), it produces a triple beep as it passes over a coin that is shallow in depth (approximately 3-4 inches or less). But, once the depth of the target increases to more than 4 inches (2 marks on the depth indication scale) the X-terra produces the standard single beep as it passes over a target. Is this normal? Seems odd to me, but if it is normal for this coil, then I will just have to get used to it. My 6 inch DD coil does not do that. I thought the DD coil was only hot down the center of the coil. This one gives me s signal as the leading edge passes over the target, the middle, and trailing edge of the coil pass over the target. Is the coil OK or does it have a problem? Thanks in advance for your help and thoughts.

Darryl

You will find that crown bottle caps will give a 42 signal with this coil. After you use this coil for a while,you will learn how to tell the difference between a quarter and a crown cap. Kind of hard to explain but the difference is when you have located a target that marks 42, then wiggle the center of the coil over the target and notice how far the signal marks along the center. A crown cap will locate for about 1/2 of the coil but a quarter will give a signal for almost the entire length of the coil. Also the deeper the quarter is it wil give a shorter length of detection on the coil so be sure to notice the depth scale. After a few, you will understand what I am trying to say. I have found more silver with ths coil than any other of the coils for the Xterra. It also loves coins on edge so you realy do ned a pinpointer for this. This is a good coil so give it a good test and learn the signals it is giving you. I hope this helps and I hope others will chime in here.

Have been using this coil for two months and have not noticed a triple beep on shallow coins. I have my tone set on 2 and always get a high tone on coins. TomB:detecting: