Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

7/3/24 hunt with Equinox 900

Ted S

Finally got out for the 3rd time with my Equinox 900 with the new update. I must say that I am liking the more stable ID numbers and I think the tone is a bit better on silver. But that could be my bad ears after years of drag racing,playing in a rock band,and the shooting sports! :stars: I had permission to hunt a church that was started in 1916 as a basement and completed in 1941. It is privately owned and I did spend an hour and a half talking to the owner and his dad who just turned 93! The owner told me that he didn't think I would find much as it had been pounded by other hunters. He later told me that I found the most coins that he has seen come out for a long time! I still have to hunt the back and sides of the church. I spent about two hours hunting due to the extended bull session! I ended up with a worn slq with was the first silver quarter of the year and a mercury dime with a few wheat cents and the usual amount of clad. I hunted mostly in Park 1 with maxed out sensitivity until I got near power lines and went as low as 22. My iron bias was at 4 along with a recovery speed of 4. It was also hot and humid and I always carry plenty of water and sports drink as I have diabetes..I don't see reverting my machine back to the previous version. I am also up to 8 or 10 silver coins for the year. I know there are people here that get that many in a day but my time is so limited anymore...Happy Hunting!! Ted

Attachments

• coins73.JPG
    coins73.JPG
    595.7 KB · Views: 37
Super hunt Ted! If it’s been pounded and coins of this nature are coming out…I can help 🤣🤣
1720145297580.png

Felix and Jimmy..Are you both using 900s yet? And Jimmy...That's a long ways to come to Iowa to hunt after I cleaned an area out!!;)
Ted, yes I am running the 900 and mainly using the Coiltek 10”x 5”.

Finally got out for the 3rd time with my Equinox 900 with the new update. I must say that I am liking the more stable ID numbers and I think the tone is a bit better on silver. But that could be my bad ears after years of drag racing,playing in a rock band,and the shooting sports! :stars: I had permission to hunt a church that was started in 1916 as a basement and completed in 1941. It is privately owned and I did spend an hour and a half talking to the owner and his dad who just turned 93! The owner told me that he didn't think I would find much as it had been pounded by other hunters. He later told me that I found the most coins that he has seen come out for a long time! I still have to hunt the back and sides of the church. I spent about two hours hunting due to the extended bull session! I ended up with a worn slq with was the first silver quarter of the year and a mercury dime with a few wheat cents and the usual amount of clad. I hunted mostly in Park 1 with maxed out sensitivity until I got near power lines and went as low as 22. My iron bias was at 4 along with a recovery speed of 4. It was also hot and humid and I always carry plenty of water and sports drink as I have diabetes..I don't see reverting my machine back to the previous version. I am also up to 8 or 10 silver coins for the year. I know there are people here that get that many in a day but my time is so limited anymore...Happy Hunting!! Ted

Nice haul Ted. Congrats on the silver and other finds. Particularly the SLQ. Always a special treat. Like you I average about one a year and this years silver count is at a meager 6. My last hunt was also at a church that was being torn down, built in 1896. It was the church I attended as a kid. I dug a smooth SLQ and a 42 GW that were in the same hole. An old V nickel, a few wheats and some clad. No silver dimes but 2 65s and a 66. :crylol: It was the first hunt with the 1.15 update on the Legend. I finally got around to updating my 900 and plan to go back over the same area and see what I missed. Looking forward to seeing the update in action. So far I have to say I enjoy using the Legend more than the 900. Maybe that will change. Good luck and good hunting. Mark

Good luck to you Mark! I was up this morning bright and early but was cleaning up the yard after the storm passed thru last night. The neighbors probably didn't care for a chainsaw sound at 6:15 in the morning but it was their crappy locust tree all over in my yard. Then I worked on my 69 Dart GTS trying to remove a stubborn wheel bearing race to no avail...Guess I should have went coin hunting!! :detecting: