Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

6x10 DD problem?

ccfl

I received a 6x10 DD coil from Whites and am not sure if it is woking properly. I expected lesser depth, but it seems to have a lot of problems locking onto targets. I tried it on my miniature test garden and it had alot of difficulty locking onto a 4" quarter whereas as my stock coil and 12" spider coil make short work of the quarter and my other items. I've tried it in the field as well and it just seems not to ID well on even very shallow targets ( one penny at 1" depth being the exception). I'm wondering if I have a bad coil or if I just need more time to figure out the nuances of a DD coil. Any help would be appreciated as I am still in the newbie category and only have about 2 hours with this coil. Thanks for reading.

What detector are you using it on? I know that on my DFX it isn't as accurate as the stock coil on targets
of average depth. It is also less accurate on depth readings. However with said I haven't noticed a problem on finding targets with it. It is not as deep as the stock coil however when used on ground that is mild to moderately hot.
Pap

I recently traded my super 12 for a 6x10 dd for my M6. It gets very good depth and hits solid and vdi is accurate as stk. I don't have a mxt but I would think that it should perform about the same as the stk coil using the same settings. Mine works better than the stk in trashy areas, I'm still not used to pinpointing with it yet , but I have no complaints. I would put the stk coil on , then get some good signals and mark the ground with something,, write down the vdi depth and id readings, then put the 6x10 on and using the same settings ,go back over the targets to see if you get a response,if you do write down the vdi info for the 6x10 then dig the target to see how accurate they compare. If you don't get a signal ,dig the target to be sure the stk coil really hit something and was not falsing. I find the 6x10 runs quieter than the stk and sometimes you may not think its working. If it fails to hit on good target signal that you can confirm by digging , then you need to send coil back for replacement...Good Luck..Rich

I'm using the M6. I've used the stock coil in the same areas (tot lots) as the 6x10, and my test garden. I'm going to try it at the beach tomorrow. The stock coil is much better at ID-ing the target and gets Much better depth. I've read good things about the 6x10 and I'm leaning to believe that I have a bad coil....there is just too much difference between the stock coil and the 6x10 DD. Like I said, my shallow test garden just gives the DD problems. I might be expecting too much from it, but I've read so many good things about it's accuracy that I may just have to send it back. I got it free from Whites and not sure how to go about it if I do.

You are not expecting too much, the 6x10 hits as good as the stk in my soil. [S. La ] And is designed to perform even better in mineralized soil.I used it in a tot lot this morning and it gave good solid hits on tiny pieces of aluminum foil .I have also dug a 7" buffalo nickel in a school yard ,and get wheaties all day long, if they are there.. If you decide that the coil is not performing as it should , call Whites or email Shasta Horner. I'm assuming you got the coil free by submitting a story. If you did then you should have her email. Explain the problem and ask for a reply. Whites is very customer oriented and will usually get back to you pretty quick...Good Luck .... Rich