Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

6000 Pro XL and DFX Question ??????

jst4thn

[size=medium]I hope i'm on the right forum for this question. What is the difference in price between a used 6000 Pro XL and a used DFX in the same shape ? Thanks in advance for any help. [/size]

I just saw a Mint XL Pro go for I think it was $630 on EBay. That's more than they sold for new, or close anyhow. A year ago I couldn't sell a "A" Grade Refurbished one with two year warranty for $450. There are allot more DFX Machines out there than there are XL Pro. It's easy to find a $600ish DFX. I think the averege XL Pro would go for about $400 to $500 now.

6000 are selling higher priced because of demand..but the DFX will be several hundred more DFX retail was a lot more.... DFX Digital, 6000 analog.

[size=large]Thanks everyone for your quick feedback. I was asking because I was toying with the idea of upgrading to a DFX. I don't know anything about the DFX except for what I have read on the forums. I think DFX might have alot of potential but I don't know alot about it. I know the 6000 Pro XL is a proven unit. I just wanted to have an idea of what I would have to pay extra for the DFX if I could find someone with a used one for sale. Thanks again everyone for the help. [/size]

xl pro's in good to mint condition should continue to escalate in value.this detector has been discontinued,and the demand exceeds the supply.
i have a "mint " pro,and like tinfoil,they will put it in the box with me when i go!.it's THAT good!

(h.h!)
j.t.

i thought you would agree!..mr..tinfoil!...best damn coin sniper ever built!

(h.h!)
j.t.

Oh and BTW have you ever used the TR mode and G/B to the minerals like they do on Page 28. Just wondering what you thought of that mode. I got to get down and try that mode and get that one down. It does work better then the regular TR mode for me. I just got to use it more in the trashy iron and trash. I have not played around with it much. I would really be interested in the performance if you or anyone has tried and used it. The 6000XLPRO is the only Detector that will ID in 5 modes. :thumbup: . What do you think. HH Jerry aka Tinfoil :D: :D:

I really like my Pro,have a M6 also and finding I use the Pro more than the M6, even in nastier sites. The M6 falses like crazy on the iron even with the sensitivity turned down. Ive found numerous coins,clad,wheaties,silver quarters with a nail or piece of trash in the same hole using the pro. I just have developed doubts about the M6,its easy to use especially for tot lots or clad hunting and will keep it for a loaner if someone wants to give detecting a try. Im looking for something to replace it,maybe one of the new fishers or an exterra 70. But the Pro stays!!!!!
Tinfoil, Im interested in the TRmode and G/B, let us know your findings after you experiment with it. Ive been using the SATmode in the trashy spots,with the 6 inch coil.
HH
John

hi jerry!
i use (s.a.t) mode with the blackmax ALL the time in the "crap!"..it really alows you to slow down your sweep speed and isolate targets better!..i have never really tried to use the (t.r.) mode as the sat mode works so well!..i know that separation will be even better if i was to use it,and i may give it a chance this spring just to see what happens!..i am thinking that if you was confronted with a "dense" carpet of aluminum junk,then slowing down to a virtual "standstill",while using the (t.r.) mode along with the 3.5" "snooper " coil would be the way to go!..!..would have to watch that "needle" every split second,but just might pay off!.

(h.h!)
j.t.

Hi John,

Just curious if you've tried any DD coils on your M6 ? I've hunted some really nasty iron infested sites with good very good results using the 4.5"x7" and 5" EXcelerator coils.The 4"x6" Eclipse Shooter has many posts touting how good it works. There are some detectors that work better in certain areas of the country or for that matter certain areas of a county and it's No fun hunting with a detector you have no confidence in using. Get yourself a good used Modified IDX Pro with a 350 Snooper for those iron infested sites :thumbup: .HH Bill

[quote poorman]I just saw a Mint XL Pro go for I think it was $630 on EBay. That's more than they sold for new, or close anyhow. A year ago I couldn't sell a "A" Grade Refurbished one with two year warranty for $450. There are allot more DFX Machines out there than there are XL Pro. It's easy to find a $600ish DFX. I think the averege XL Pro would go for about $400 to $500 now.[/quote] I just purchased a 6000 XL/PRO from a dealer last month,show room demo with a 2 year warranty for $499.99 out the door plus shipping.

The XL Pro goes as deep as the DFX, I have both. The DFX has a learning curve, so beware of that. The good part about the DFX is the Signa graph that gives more info and Mixed Mode that allows you to run all metal and disc together. This can be acomplished with the XL Pro by using all metal mode and switching with the trigger to Disc mode once a target has been detected, that way not missing deep metal.

I'll always have my xlpro...and my cz70pro...no matter what else comes out. Yes I use an SE...but the xlpro is just a blast to use and it goes deeeeep! It makes detecting FUN...even on a slow day.