Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

6 moth old AT Pro

CTDIGGER01

I have a Garrett At Pro MD I am not sure it is working correctly: I have set up a test garden quarter at 3", 4" and 5" all about 3 to 4 feet apart low mineralized soil.
8 1/2 " standard coil. Sweep the first 2 coins great signal, not so at the 5" deep quarter, does not see it. I also set up dimes at the same depths and distances, same thing. My machine settings are: Standard, Coin, iron 35, sensitivity 2 down from max. nothing blocked out. I have tried all the settings on the machine and the same readings and same settings. Is this machine in need of a return or will a factory reset do the trick?
Thanks for the help
ctdigger01

You need to set it up in Pro Mode, max sensitivity, zero mode, away from any commercial buildings, with the coin horizontal do the coil at depths. That should make a difference.

I just had to return mine for the same reason, only difference I noticed mine was not working correctly right out of the box, made a test bed would not pick up a silver dime at 4" or a Kennedy half at 6"
Garret took care of it and sent me a new one.
But now it's too cold to go out for very long, but it is working in my test bed where the other one didn't

Unless a test garden is more than two years old you will probably not get the right readings, something about disturbing the ground when putting the coins in that it take time to detect them. I have had the same problem and then after time the detector will pick up the coins. Any kind of testing is not accurate according to the real thing.