Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

5hrs in the surf

goldscavenger

Went to the beach this morning here in Europe, the sand has shifted around quite a bit since last time I hunted. Finds were plentiful but the gold eluded me, I did manage to find one silver ring, and plenty of Lire/Euro coins so it ended up being a good day for a winter hunt.......I also dug up this lead horse, first one I have ever seen, and unfortunately the tail is missing.

lead lokks very white. It might be very old. Are there any markings on it? That lead is as white as roman age lead is...

Very nice loot anyway.

Cheers

Luca

Hi Luca,
I was thinking the same thing ancient white lead, There are no markings that I can see on it....... It appears to be quite old, I tried to find some info on the net but no luck if you or anyone else know where I can find some info I would appeciate it.
Thanks,
GS

Check the area where you found it. If it is old, you might be in a old roman or italic temple area. Look around for hills, platforms, caves or else..

Cheers
Luca