Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

575 DD or 575 stock?

sling

Anyone tried the new 575 DD ?
In concept its deeper than the stock in bad dirth but what if the soil is mild??
The stock will go notably deeper in mild soil ?
10% or more?

I can't remember if it was on a phone call or an email, but the good, tesoro people mentioned that the DD coil will not really buy you anything in mild soil. The DD will show its potential in nasty soil, that is why they brought it out.

but if its equal in mild and better in bad dirth certainly worth it to buy the DD 575.Am I wrong?

In general a DD coil does not go as deep and does not pinpoint dead center as opposed to a concentric coil. But the DD coil will cover more ground per sweep. I think it would be a personal preference in normal soil. I prefer pinpointing dead center. But that just me. Good hunting!

here in hungary the DD almost always get deeper.
the best coinshooters the minelab explorer and xpgoldmax comes with DD to and they are really deep everywhere.I had fisher1270 and it was terrible here with the 8" stock.My friend bought a tejon and he said the minelab advantage kick the ass of the tejon and he bought 12x10 dd for the tejon and he says its 1-2-3-4 inches deeper now than the advantage depend on the size of the coin and the mineralization of the soil.
I think the soil have to be very very mild if you can get more depth
with the stock.And even if the dd not deeper you can make a double range during the same time and youll find more.
Speed also counts to!More surface contains more targets!
If something is better in concept in reality might worse!

I recently purchased the new 5.75DD widescan. It seems to get pretty good depth but pinpointing is a challenge. I figured the the edge of the coil is also hot so by turning the coil on its side you can sometimes narrow the target right down, which seems to work for me. My soil is very mild so I don't think it would much matter which I had, but in your area???? Good luck to you!!!!
Greg