Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

5.75 vs 9x8

findit

would like to know if anyone found stuff with the 5.75 that they didn't with the 9x8. do the finds make up for the lose of ground coverage, especially depth wise?

I've had the Tejon for a few months and I like the 5.75 concentric better than the stock coil. I simply find more with it. It is lighter and superior in target separation and pinpointing. The 9x8 gets better depth, but does mask targets. I use the 9x8 where there are very few trash signals, like in the woods or even some yards. I use the 5.75 just about everywhere else, espescially cellar holes or parks. You need both coils with your tejon to get the most out of it.
I can't comment on the 5.75 widescan, I haven't used it.

I get more benefit from the target separation of the smaller coil than the coverage of the larger one in the sites that I hunt. I wouldn't leave the 9x8 home, though.

5.75 wins.

Ian

Well, I have a Cibola and use the 9x8 mostly. I recently purchased the new 5.75 widescan and have somewhat mixed feelings. It seems difficult to pinpoint with and is hot all around the coil. It seems to have decent depth in air tests(6-8") but haven't found anything that deep in the fields yet. I'd like to try the 5.75 concentric as well to see the difference between the 2 small coils.
Greg

from what i understand any wide scan or dd is harder to pinpoint,and has less depth (because of the shape of the coils)than a concentric. I was wondering about the 9x8 vs 5.75 concentric.

I have each for my Vaquero. I find the small coil more concise and tight, as youd expect. The pinpoinintg is dead easy with either, mind you, but you notice a difference with the sniper.

Not a lot of depth loss with it, either.

saginawian!
you find more not just because the small coil see less masking effect but because it concentrate the signal and catch smaller pieces like regular size coins laying on their sharp edge.No matter if the coin not too small if it doesnt lay on the flat side!!!The surface it shows to the coil is so small!

Good point, never thought about it like that. I guess that's why they say small coils are more sensitive to small items. Has to do with signal concentration? - can anyone else comment on this?

[attachment 64445 DSCF3098_resize.jpg]well i dont really know how it works really but thats how it explained by technisions.But the fact is smaller coil is for smaller items and lot of big object can be small due to the laying position.
for example a minelab explorer what is alegendly a really deep unit didnt give signal for a 4 inch dia bracelet in 14 inches because it layed on the edge.It would get it from 20" if is in the flat position.
And the other simple reason of finding more with coil that more sensitive for small items is the most of lost staffs were small.
If someone droped a small coin or jewelery in the grass or dust
its gone forever.But a big coin or jewelery was appreciable easily by eye.So we can expect for small items much more frequently than biger staffs so if your coil is good for small it would be find more quanity of good target.
Not sure about the value!I mean it maybe worth it to use deepseeker but not sensitive unit if once you find a buried tresure but its almost impossible.The question is are you the guy who detect ones a week or 4 times a week?If the first you might never find a big buried staff so just use small coil for coin but if the 2th you might have chance to catch the big prey.But its much more boring than the coinhunting.