Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

5.75 coil

A lot of guys have put the 575 on their machines and never taken them off. Great little coil, awesome in trashy areas.

i thought in general the depth was proportionate to the coil size?
would only make sense to me that you would lose at least 2-3 inches, and more if it were dd because of the shape of the coil.correct me if i am wrong on this please.:confused:

I use the %.75 with my Vaquero. I never noticed much depth loss, but then you dont take such a coil where depth is the overiding issue.

n/t

But those coils are hot. I have a standard group of targets I use for air-testing, coins, rings, buttons and bullets, and I keep track of the data so I can compare it. Of this group of targets, the worst difference was 1.5 inches less depth and in some cases the best depth was only 1/2" less than the 9 by 8. Granted, this air testing so its only relative, but actual field testing has proven similar results. There are a lot of guys that put the 575 on their machines and have never taken them off.

In air it will perform as you say but in dirt it will be very close and most medium trashy places not close but deeper..

The reason is that air dont hold any obstacles, minerals or trash. The minute you add minerals you lose more on the bigger then smaller coils.

Add some more unwanted shit and the smaller passes the big for depth.

The only reason to have the 9x8 on is coverage but that also is a question since it is concentric too and will only add to coverage at a depth of 4-5".

If both would be DD coverage could be a big concern but not with concentrics.

The new 5.75 DD should be a dandy and I am hoping for some reviews soon.

Scully ....??????

i leave my 5.75 coil on! its widescan gets almost the width and almost the depth as the 9x8. its also alot better in trashy ares.

Hi Dav. Were you maybe on the Cutting Edge? CG-20???
I'm over here in Trieste, and them 2 gals are still there on the dock awaiting your return!!!

I love it! No, that was back in the 80's and it was the USS John F Kennedy. She's now de-commissioned.:goodnight:

I have tested the 11 widescan and the 12 by 10 widescan on my Tejon, and neither are deeper in my conditons, than the 9 by 8 stock coil. Granted, you get better coverage but in most of my cases I am more interested in the best depth. I suspect the 575 widescan will have similar results.

Anybody out tried one with good results? We would like to hear from you.