Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

5.75 coil for cibola or just buy a compadre?

rufus3898

I have the cibola and have pondered buying a 5.75 coil for it. Would it be just as good to buy a compadre that is just a little more? I see tab dog has loads of good finds with it. I would be just using it to get shallow targets anyway. I leave the cibola for the digging to china targets:yo: Would this be a smart move? Just looking for some input on those that have tried the 5.75 on the cibola and the compadre. Thanks!

well in the first instance I bought the Compadre over the 5.75 for the Tejon , after talking to Tabdog an others and the fact that Monte always gives the Compadre a good rap , and its so tempting just to pay the extra few bucks for an entire detector rather than just a coil . It was the wrong move for me the Compadre was a great lil rig but a real beep@dig machine I could'nt pick any subtle differences in the tone over any targets for the life o me , I also expeirenced so form of EMI ? similair to what some other users of the Compadre have expeirenced , it was only at one particular area but none less I can use my other tesoros there no dramas .
I sold it brought a 5.75 con for the Tejon @ 5.75 @ 4 " umax coils and havnt looked back

trueblue said:
well in the first instance I bought the Compadre over the 5.75 for the Tejon , after talking to Tabdog an others and the fact that Monte always gives the Compadre a good rap , and its so tempting just to pay the extra few bucks for an entire detector rather than just a coil . It was the wrong move for me the Compadre was a great lil rig but a real beep@dig machine I could'nt pick any subtle differences in the tone over any targets for the life o me , I also expeirenced so form of EMI ? similair to what some other users of the Compadre have expeirenced , it was only at one particular area but none less I can use my other tesoros there no dramas .
I sold it brought a 5
.75 con for the Tejon @ 5.75 @ 4 " umax coils and havnt looked back
Thanks. Just made my mind up for me on my Silver.

Get the compadre, its a great trash picker i wish i had one to compiment my golden whith the cleansweep on it would be so much easear to just grab the compadre and let me tell you the compadre is the ticket when getting close to metal poles or fences and concreat i have thought of getting one and cranking the sensitivity up and harwiring a 7" widscan on it but i do not have the cash but its good i have found many good targets close to poles whear other detectors can not get when i put mine up for sale i had 4 people sho wanted it so it has a good resale as long as you take good care of it if i was to get a small coil for the cibola it would be the 5.75 widscan now that would be a cool coil and probley get better depth than the compadre , well hope you get what you need

slingshot , I dont think you'll reget it , I have a badback an somedays I juz gotta put the Tejon down due to the pain were only talkin a few ounces but chang'n over to the Silver @ 4" coil lets me hunt out the rest of the day . I had a few misconceptions about the Silver at first but after quite a few full day hunts with the Silver Ive come to appreaciate it and understand why it has such such a strong following apart from the fact thats its a Tesoro :thumbup: For me personaly I found the battery check on the Compadre to be very annoying especially if wear'n phones , also the fact that its hard wired coil is a pain if conditions change an ya look'n to change coils then the Silvers the way to go I have an 11dd , stock donut , 5.75 @ 4 " use'em all on the Silver with good results , optional coils make for a versitile detector .......ya go into the store for a pair a shorts , but come out with jeans cause there only a few bucks more :shocked: duh !

My thoughts are that adding the 5.75 for the Cibola adds more versatility than adding the Compadre. If you don't have a second detector as a back up ... maybe I'd add the Compadre so I had a back up just in case something happened or someone else wanted to try detecting. Then save for the 5.75 incher to add later.

I find the Compadre discriminates out iron a little better, is a hoot to use, can swing it all day and works very well; but if I absolutely had to either give up the Compadre or the 5.75 inch coil, I'd let the Compadre go. But then I have other back ups.
tvr

Well I bought the 5.75 for the cibola! I haven't used it much yet but it seems to be a really good little coil. I thought my cibola was light before. Wow what a difference. You could do a 24 hour marathon hunt with this setup with no fatique! I'll give it a good test this weekend and post up the results. From what I've seen the separation is tight and nice and sensitive on small items. I see gold in my future!!!! See y'all.:canadaflag:

If you desire a backup detector the Compadre is the way to go. If not, just buy the coil for the Cibola as the Cibola gives you more control.
HH
BB

The 5.75 coil on the Cibola is a fantastic combination. If you really need a second machine, then getting the Compadre is an option, but if you really want the Cibola to sing in the trash areas, then get the 5.75 for that machine.