Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

5.3 whites coil or the 4x7 excel.???

stgeorgeut

I want a smaller coil for my mxt,please help me decide on one of the two , the 5.3 whites or the excel. 4x7...thanks

Just my opinion, I prefer the 4x6 Eclipse DD. I like it better than the 5.3". I don't like excellerator coils form Kellyco, way too many problems with them.

What problems have YOU had with them John? Rob

The main problem with my first excellerator 4x7 DD was that it was defective, ok everyone is entitled to letting a bad coil get by. The next one was better but unstable and couldn't handle a gain past 8. I traded it for a 4x6 Eclipse not a problem. I then bought a 14" excellerator, once a again a defective coil, sent it back got another one it was unstable also, but I could get a gain to about 9-10. The 14" did cover a lot of ground and did good on identifing objects, but it did not get any better depth than my stock coil. I traded it for the 1400 deep scan, I am able to run the gain to +2 to +3 in most situations and it gets really good depth probably 2-3" more than the stock coil and it is very sensitive to small objects. Kellyco was very good about the return and exchange for a new coil so no problem with customer service. Is it my soil? Maybe, but why do my Whites coils work so much better in the same ground? I think I will try a Jimmy Sierra's Hot Shot next time see how that does.

The reason I asked is I have the 8" and 5" and have had no trouble in Illinois or Texas. I run them at +3 all the time. I use relic mode and trigger centered. I know Monte uses them all the time and his soil is bad. I use the 8" as my primary coil. In Texas I got a dime at 7 1/2 inches with the 5". This week I got a 43 nickel at 8" and a 54 wheatie at 8 1/2 inches. Yes the soil is good. Rob

It seems like you have really good luck with the 8" excellerator, I might want to try one someday. Maybe it will do a good job in my mineralized soil. HH John

John, I would really E mail Monte. His soil is really mineralized. Rob

I'll throw my .2 cents into this. My info on the MXT is limited but my buddy did ok with his 5.3 coil. But I have worked the 4X6 and 5.3 on my 5900. The 4X6 covers a little more ground but doesnt have the depth of the 5.3" The hot head ferret, 4 or 5", is pretty unstable and doesnt get the depth as the 5.3 either. The 3.5 whites coil gets better depth than youd think but they dont offer it for the MXT/ DFX

two coils I feel are the best picks. The 5.3 Eclipse, like the other "5.3" labeled coils from White's, is actually a 6

I worked for over an hour and a half with my slow, two-finger typing to tell a few stories I have had with non-functioning NEW coils and NEW detectors. Then I hit some button somehow and wiped it all out, so ... this is now short.

I had a bad 12" Excelerator and 'JW' at Kellyco took care of it immediately for me. All other 'EXcelerator' coils I have owned worked excellent.

I have had a bad Blue Max 350 right from the factory I got on a visit there, a bad 950 right out of a just-opened box with a Classic III SL, two 950 coils that had to be replaced within a year after I owned the particular XLT's they came with, and three (that's right, 3) of the 6