Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

44k ?

CliffHanger

Found a ring today with the F2 that hits on NICKEL and 33. I'm not on the home PC so I can't send a photo yet. There is a what looks to be a small makers mark that I can't make out and away from it is 44k. What the heck does that mean? The ring has a red stone and what seem to be religious figures on each side of the stone.

Thanks and all the best

Cliffhanger

With my 1.50 power reading glasses and because of the way it is stamped, 14k looks like 44k. Oh well, wrong again. Now that I am back home with magnifiers and camera I can see it as it is. Still, not a bad ring. The 14k white gold wedding band is not bad either. Found them within one hundred feet of each and two days apart in a park that has been hammered. I am leaving the 4" coil on the F2 because I can go over the same ground I've been over with the 8" and I find stuff I've missed. The small ring registers as zinc on the F2 and was found in the same park as the two gold rings.The ring with the small purple stone is 925 silver found at a high school next to the runway of the broad-jump pit. All found within 5 days. That ended a ring dry spell of weeks. Go figure!?
All the best

CliffHanger
[attachment 87060 44kRingSide.JPG] [attachment 87061 14kNot44k.JPG] [attachment 87062 DSCN4073.JPG]
[attachment 87063 14kWHTWEDBAND.JPG] [attachment 87064 WHTWEDBAND01.JPG]
[attachment 87065 2Rings.JPG]

Great finds CliffHanger wtg!:thumbup: Nice haul of rings. You said the small ring rang up as zinc, that's the one next to the one with the purple stone right? Any marks on that? Good Luck!
Glenn

outstanding!..f2 scores again!..nice!..nice!

(h.h!)
j.t.

Nice ring, but the 44 is incorrect. The 1 looks a little like a 4 but it should
read either 14k or 24 k. I may be proved wrong but to my knowledge
no 44k exists. Looks like the F2 is working out good for you.
RR