Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

43 years later......

Heath

the 1963 class ring[attachment 31656 1963class ring.jpg] that was found on July 23rd was returned to the rightful owner. He lost it in 1963 right out of high school one evening at the swimming hole. Tracking down the owner didn't take very long today. One phone call to the high school to find a 63 year book and the someone with the initials E and S. What was ironic is that the owner's wife works there and they had been talking about the ring not that long ago. So needless to say word got out before I was able to get home from work. The owner was excited to have the ring back after 43 years on the bottom of the lake. I have to say that there is enjoyment and satisfaction of returning a long lost treasure to someone who had lost something of value from years ago. HH

n/t

Thanks Gulf Hunter, the owner was talking about taking the story to the local newspaper. I'll be the local celebrity for a couple of days. Stopped down at the town grocery store this evening, had people asking about the ring and how it was found already. I'll keep ya informed on what transpires.

Nice story Heath, and yes it is rewarding. A few friends of mine were about to do the same thing, and got a great deal of satisfaction seeing the owner's faces! Good on you!
Angela