Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

4 khz test results from today

Ted S

We had some spotty rain last night so I thought I would spend some quality time this afternoon with the Equinox 600. I drove north and hit a ball field in the green grass area. a few clads and some memorial cents. The rest of the area was pretty dry so I moved on. I went about ten miles east to a small town that had an old church. Mom and dad got married there and as a farm kid that is where we went to church in my younger days. The grass was nice and green as the area was shaded. Quite a few coins have come out of here including a Barber half that I found many years ago. I hunted in field 2 again but had my sensitivity around 20 because of the power line overhead. As I was working along the sidewalk,I got a nice high tone that read between 23-27. I figured it was a wheatie but to my surprise,I popped out a well worn barber dime. That made my day so I continued to hunt. I picked up some memorial cents and an orange clad dime that was pretty deep. I also found my share of trash! It wasn't long and I had a nice high tone but it was breaking up even sweeping in all directions. I switched from multi to 4khz and got a nice tone in all directions. I dig down a bit over 6" and pulled the dirt out after I found the signal with my TRX. Out pops a pretty nice barber dime! Two in one day is a good day for me! The gnats were starting to have me for dinner so I called it a day! Good luck and HH! Ted 9220.JPG

Nice finds I use field 2 all the time except water hunting...
Mark

Thanks guys! I just got permission today for a lot by an old school. I am sure it has been hunted even though it is private property.

Nice finds I use field 2 all the time except water hunting...
Mark

I use park 1 most of the time, I hunt parks 50% of the time.
Do you get stuck on one setting because you get use to it?
I found myself stuck in park 1 the other mode's just sound funny to me now.
So I have been making an effort to change it-up.

I started out in Field 2 but noticed I like the sounds better in Park 2. I do have hearing loss so I have to use what makes me able to hear the tone better
Tony

Tony...If I am in a park loaded with can slaw I will go back to Park 1..Lately my hunts have been in ball diamonds or big lots that saw activity years ago...

Tony...If I am in a park loaded with can slaw I will go back to Park 1..Lately my hunts have been in ball diamonds or big lots that saw activity years ago...
Oh is that better for can slaw?
Normally I just push through it.
To y

No I've tried all of them and it seems for me I like that setting and the way it sounds especially compared to field 1.
Mark