Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

4 hunts in now with my new Fisher 1270. (Long Post)

Bob Stephens

Hi fellow Fisher men and women!:twodetecting: I've got 4 park type hunts in now with my new 1270 and these are my impressions of what is shaping up to be a great purchase and stablemate to my CZ-5 and Aquanaut 1280 machines. Read on and enjoy:

The Fisher 1270 is a

You showed us that the 1270 can do real well in any environment, as the 1270 & 66x are often thought of as just "relic machines".
Keep the finds coming..... :)
HH,
Bill

Hi Bill! The more I become involved in this great hobby of ours, the more fascinating it becomes. I think the 1270 deserves a lot more attention than it gets because it's a real "make you think" machine that seems loaded with capability. As I continue getting more hours on it, I'll gladly post my findings on this forum and I'm looking forward to challenging myself with some hunting in really tough terrain with the machine.

Best Regards and Happy Hunting. :detecting:

Bob and Louise. Hamilton, Ont.

I did a lot of research on the various detectors before I made the final decision and throughout the whole information gathering process, the 1270 was always one of my "front and center" machines of interest. I'm looking forward to doing future hunts/research missions with the 1270 and will post my findings on the forum. That's the beauty of our many web forums; they give us hobbyists a chance to share information on equipment and hunting techniques.

Hope you're having a good year and finding plenty of goodies!:detecting:

Best Regards and Happy Hunting.

I was a 1266x user for years, & when the 1270 was introduced I saved up and got it. Though the 1266x is ergonomically better, I enjoyed using the 1270 more I think. I did real well with it & regretted letting it go. I just needed money at the time, & had about 6 other Fishers hanging on my wall. Thankfully, Mr. Bill allowed me to borrow his 1270 for the last "Digging in VA." Civil War hunt & I did real well. It handled the nasty red clay like a champ.
Here's my favorite 1270 finds.
A big ol' 1717 Spanish 2 Reales' "pistoreen". Plus my display case from DIV-5...

Bob,I just started using a 1236 and was amazed how well it performed.Found a silver dime in middle of an area with lots of thrash.I thought ever thing was cherry picked out and gone.Never ran in silent mode little threshold with the slurp pop and crack and a nice round signal. Ron

Hi Sundance! Glad to hear your new Fisher 1236 is working out well for you. I've got a 1236 on order for my wife Louise and I'm tinkering with the idea of getting one as a stablemate for my 1270/CZ5 land hunting family. I've heard they're great machines and I came very close to buying one before I bought my 1270. Both the '36 and the '70 detectors are great machines and have that typical Fisher ring of quality. :cheers:

Good luck with your new 1236 and keep us posted on how you make out.

Bob,The 1236 probably isn't for everybody.This unit doesn't have notch,visual or tone ID,but is still a great detector.This is a well made no nonsense detector that finds coins.There are a lot of people still using the 1236 in competitions with good results.I'm old school nothing like a little threshold to gain that extra depth.In my area the depth on this detector is matching my CZ5.I hope the Fisher works out for Louise. HH Ron

Hi Ron! We've found that hunting with our non ID machines produces a lot of junk but also our best finds too. I tend to sniff out a lot of modern day clad with my CZ-5 but little in the way of jewellery or other curios as I dig just the selected tones and icons. However, this year I started to dig it all for the better portion of our hunt times and presto, my jewellery finds started inching upwards.

I've been using my basic single tone, non-ID Fisher 1280 in a lot of hunts just to make myself dig it all and every good find I've made this year in the form of gold rings especially have been 1280 based recoveries. Now, I love the trashy areas as I know there is good stuff to find in there. It was a matter of unlearning some old bad habits and with my CZ5, I'm now digging more of the medium tones and have found a couple of nice gold pieces with it too.

I have two Fisher non ID machines in my stable - the 1280 and now the 1270 as well. They're great machines and the tones on both can still tell us a lot about what's under the coil. I like the "hunt with your mind and ears" approach with the non ID machines as there's plenty of intrigue woven into the hunt.

It'll be interesting to see how you make out with your 1236-X2 over the course of your many hunts. Good luck.

Bob and Louise. Hamilton. :twodetecting:

Hi Bill! Those are some NICE finds you've made with a 1270. It's intriguing what you can uncover with a little persistance, patience and research. Thanks for sharing and I'll keep you all posted on what I find with my 1270 as time progresses and I become more familiar with it.

Bob and Louise. Hamilton, Ont. :twodetecting:

Bob,I agree a non ID detector will give you better finds,and make the hunt more interesting. HH Ron

...and still regret the day I sold it. Well balanced, sensitive and a great getter of all things metallic. Id buy ine after the New Year if I could find one for under $300 and a 1236 is shaping up for the next season.

I like my Garretts, but them beep-dig Fishers still have a place.

Great report and thanks for the effort. How about some pics next time? - all that reading hurts my head.