Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

39 Merc

ccfl

I bought the X-70 last weekend and had a chance to give it a try. I never took the time to read the instruction manual, but did read several posts on here.....I did watch the video as well. I used the stock coil and found several clad coins. This weekend I reread some posts including faqfaq.....what a great resource!!! I switched my coil over to the 6" medium frequency coil and hit a sand tot lot. My first good signal came in at 38 and bounced into -6, but I could get it to repeat as long as I narrowed my swing.....very narrow. I hit it from another direction and it would bounce all over the place....including iron. I decided to dig it anyway because of the good hit from the one direction. I dug down about 6" and still got mixed signals. I dug down another few inches just to make sure. I checked the hole and sure enough all I got was an iron response....a false signal. I checked the spoil pile anyway and 38 banged out. Here is what I found....a 1939 mercury dime!!! I guess I should break down and actually read the manual.....I think the X-70 is going to be a keeper.

Very nice find. Some people might have passed that up as just iron, but you were persistant and got a nice piece of silver. Ah, it wouldn't hurt to skim over the manual or watch the video if you have one. Ron

n/t

What you got there is a mixed signal. No different than the ones you'll get from a wife!!! :rofl:
Way to keep after the high tone!
I always feel that if I get any kind of high coin signal then there's something good waiting to see the light.