Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

34 years ago the Edmund Fitzgerald went down with all hands

bdahunter

I thought I would post this video for all the mariners out there. The sea is a cruel mistress, even a freshwater sea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgI8bta-7aw&feature=player_embedded

n/t

the History Channel web site, you may be able to purchase a video that was out a couple of years ago. It was excellent.

Why can't you see it, Mikie? It's not restricted.:bouncy:
As a point of interest, Gordon Lightfoot used to live in my neighbour's house when he was just starting out in his career, apparently he penned a lot of his early work in the basement of the house next door to mine.
The song 'The wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald' isn't popular with mariners. A friend of mine was an officer on the bridge of a Royal Canadian Navy frigate off the Grand Banks, there was a pretty bad gale blowing and the frigate was bucking like a bronco at the Calgary Stampede. The comm officer had the radio going, listening to a station out of Halifax and what song should come on but 'The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald' by Gordie Lightfoot, all eyes on the bridge turned to the comm officer who went red faced and quickly changed the station.:crylol:

True that, Mate. I used to sail on Lake Ontario in a 26 foot sailboat and even that smaller Great Lake can get very rough, very fast. I remember getting caught in a squall off of Hamilton once, waterspouts suddenly appeared and sheared off the mast of the sailboat sailing off our starboard beam, it all happened in a matter of minutes. One moment blue skies with a bit of clouds in the distance and the next all hell broke loose.

n/t

I had forgotten that you live in the back of beyond, BC. You could always try downloading it while you sleep, that way you won't have to worry about the phone lines being tied up or the time it takes so long as it is less than 8 hours.

Cheers Mate,

Eric