Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

305 - is the 18khz coil best for nickels

teviotlad

hi all. thinkin of upgrading frjm the stock 9 inch 7.5khz coil to an 18khz coil. most of my detecting is beaches, so i need the best coil for nickels and gold jewellery. has anyone used both the 7.5 khz and 18khz on beach, and if so any advice welcome thanks. i find the 305 with stock 9 in conc 7.5khz is jumpy on nickels and not stable tid

I have both the 7.5 khz cc coil and the 18.75 cc coil, but have not done much comparison test between the two.
My coil of choice is the 10.5" DD coil at 7.5khz due to the coverage, but this coil is not very good at IDIng nickels... at least for me.They bouce around also... some lock on good while others give various ID numbers.
I have not used the 18.75 coil much as it was given to me when I bought the detector.
I'll try to do some testing and let you know how it does on nickels.. being a much higher frequenzy, it would stand to reason that it would be more sensitive to nickels than the 7.5khz coil.

I have the 10.5" HF coil and the 10.5" MF coil. For me, nickels are more prominent when I use the 18.75 coil. I can find nickels with the MF coil but the they don't seem like they jump out as sharply as with the HF coil.

Nickels hit hard with my hf coil. Also a round chunk of aluminum foil will hit a solid 4 or so every time. Happens a lot on tot lots that I hit up with my boy. You think it's gonna be yellow metal but it's not. Just a reses or kiss foil in a ball. Hate those lol.

I noticed in my test garden that thin silver rings with the HF coil can be missed at 5 inches or so. I have a few more tests I am doing to tune that silver in with the HF. I will post my results.