Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

305 is hitting the gold

teviotlad

i reported a couple of weeks ago i found a virgin tot lot and from an area prob less than 100m sq i took over 120 pounds equiv to 180 dollars, in change in 5 hrs detecting. there was still loads of low targets i didnt dig. decided to revisit today. and dig low range targets. omg. 3rd sweep 1st target, tid 4. i dig it. gold wedding band plain 4.9 gram. after 20 minutes messing about with lo value small change, another promising lo value target. tid 4 again. i dig it. gold again. a 18 carat shoe pendant 5.8 grams. its starting to rain and dont have 305 raincover. minutes later another target around 8 / 12 but solid feel. gold again!. small oval pendant with salut written on it. 1.7 gram. but not hallmarked. raining hard now so time to leave. 90 minutes and 3 gold. and hundreds of targets still to dig. cant wait to get back on it. the 305 hits gold you better beleive it but they are low tid amongst foil range.

and i had my 305 up for sale 3 weeks ago for 200 pounds. glad i didnt sell it. god knows how much is still in that location. theres still that many targets you dont know where to start digging. gonna keep me busy for a while thats for sure. i was using the 305 with -4 to 0 notched out but theres no iron in the spot, and hardly any foil. all targets are good stuff.

It sounds like a great location teviolad! The 305 does a great job. I'm glad to see someone posting about how they are going with it. i'd love to see more posts like yours put up by other 305 users.
Mick Evans.

were is this at exactly

Those full totters like that are real gold mines...with all that junk in there just tell yourself, "Theres gotta be a pony in here somewhere"
Its getting very hard to find virgin totlots, or virgins of any sort nowadays!:rofl:
Mud

Is that a typical number range for gold to show up????? I usually ignore signals in that range no matter how good they sound.

Your missing gold then. Good job on the tot lot man you are cleaning house. If my boy like his el cheapo and dosent destroy it I will get him one next year. You probably have enough to get a smaller 6 inch coil then you could cherry pick that money even faster. Sounds like you should be using a screen.

xterrafanboy said:
Is that a typical number range for gold to show up????? I usually ignore signals in that range no matter how good they sound.
my friend wears a torque style 18 carat bracelet prob about near an ounce. tid=4. i didnt expect it would be so low. if you dont dig 4s n 8s u aint gettin much gold. would like to hear others thoughts on this

You can catch earrings too if you dig some +2 to -2 readings, I've found solid 4's and 8's covers a lot of small band rings.---Wade

Great finds! Glad to see you are using the 305 to it's capabilities. You are correct in that the low numbers can be very valuable targets. Here are two links taking you a couple blog posts I made on Minelab's TreasureTalk forum a few months back, that explain just what we may be missing if we use too much discrimination. These links are also available through our FAQFAQ section near the top of this forum.

http://www.minelab.com/usa/treasure-talk/notch-discrimination-on-the-x-terra-ever-wonder-what-you-re-missing-part-1

http://www.minelab.com/usa/treasure-talk/notch-discrimination-on-the-x-terra-ever-wonder-what-you-re-missing-part-2

HH Randy

So I'm out hunting a couple of months ago and I strong hit a couple of the low TID signals. What did I do? I left them...guess where I'll be in the spring.