Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

305 and gold

If it had an all metal mode that was as sensitive as the prospecting mode on the 705, then it would do alright but in it's normal coin mode it's just not very sensitive. I tested my 30 out when I had with the thought of taking it to the local gold fields, but after testing it out on very small lead sinker found that it couldn't pick up anything less than a gram, even when rubbed directly on the coil. Sure, if you had a big nugget and it was only a few inches from the surface, it would hear it, but most of those have been found already. The higher frequency coil may help a bit, but I dare say that it wouldn't improve things enough.
Mick Evans.

Good to hear. The 705 is a much better choice. Adding the small DD coil will make it even better! HH Randy

Good luck with it. It's a much better detector for gold hunting. The 305 is a great coin hunter, just lacks the needed features that you need.(I found over a $1000 with my X-Terra 30 before I upgraded to the 70.
Mick Evans.

About the cheapest priced gold nugget hunter along with the very lightest machine is the Tesoro Vaquero, that is also versatile for coins and other hunting with a wide variety of coils. No not the 305, BUT yes the 705 is the best machine of all 3 of these and the best choice, you did make the right choice, congratulations!

When you get the 705(with the 6x10" HF DD) for nugget hunting, play around with the Off-Set Tracking, Iron Mask(IM) up to 20 in Prospecting Mode, and hot rocks showing up at -8 & +48 in C & T Mode when checking them.

Thanks for the replys guys!!!! I just wanted a machine that was good for gold yet my wife could use it when we go coin hunting as I am very partial to my Safari....