Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

3030 hunt :pinnochio

laplander

Administrator
Staff member
30 degrees and 30 mph winds made for a short hunt. Managed to save this U.S. solid brass lock. I think its fairly common but it will look good in the display case. It was found a few feet from a old well at an abandoned homestead with the 6 inch coil.
Jeff

Nice find Jeff Cool lock I found one very similar but with UN on it buried in mud near a beach.

Nice pancake US military lock..... thats one id put in a tumbler for a couple of day for display. Use a little mineral oil after words.

dewcon4414 said:
Nice pancake US military lock..... thats one id put in a tumbler for a couple of day for display. Use a little mineral oil after words.
I need a tumbler and I agree it doesn't have a nice green patina so might as well, thanks
Jeff

I bought one a tumbler if you get one buy a rubber drum for it nice and quite use stainless steel shot with warm water and lime away did some very old flat brass locks they came out like new.
I was thinking of doing a before and after with my method which cleans clad change like new overnight.

You can send that directly to me please! I LOVE old pancake locks for some reason!t

IDXMonster said:
You can send that directly to me please! I LOVE old pancake locks for some reason!t
If I find another its yours! When I go hunting I hope to find one good thing so when I saw U.S. on the side I knew I had it.
Jeff

laplander said:
If I find another its yours! When I go hunting I hope to find one good thing so when I saw U.S. on the side I knew I had it.
Jeff

:) Thats awfully generous Jeff but I could never accept something I didn’t FIND! You know how that is...:) I did find a very old brass railroad key last year and that was WAY better IMO than any coin I found last year.and I found some good ones. Something about that stuff captures the imagination...

IDXMonster said:
Jeff

:) Thats awfully generous Jeff but I could never accept something I didn’t FIND! You know how that is...:) I did find a very old brass railroad key last year and that was WAY better IMO than any coin I found last year.and I found some good ones. Something about that stuff captures the imagination...
Speaking of imagination don't you wish you could here the stories these finds could tell.

Jeff