Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

3 weeks worth of finds....

stpauli914

Maybe some of you experienced beach hunters can tell me how my ratios are doing. I have been hunting with my new Excal 2 for the last 3 weeks at some very popular beaches. My hunts are only 2-3 hours at a time. I would estimate I have about 20 hours in at this time. Other than aluminum foil, here are my finds. How am I doing?

The jewelry items are:

14K gold childs ring 5.1grams
.950 Silver ring
Sterling religious charm on necklace
(3) Hoop earings, 1 sterling, other 2 junk.

Thanks and happy hunting!

Coralsfirstbday041.jpg

Coralsfirstbday046.jpg

Coralsfirstbday043.jpg

Aaron

Ratio's really don't mean anything to me, It would be nice to say you can find 1 gold ring to every 10 pull tabs. That however, is simply not the case. You just have to get out there after the crowds and hit the areas where the traffic is and hope for the best. Don't limit yourself to just the high traffic areas though, everywhere that folks play in the water is a potential good spot. If your not finding anything in the crowded areas move just up or down the beach where folks still sun bathe and play in the water, especially if no one else is looking at those spots.

1. 10 % is luck. There are thousands of square feet of beach and your looking for an item that is 1 square inch or less, so the coil has to swing over it.

2. 10% having the patience and persistency to stick with it.

3. 5 % is making sure your machine is set right for the conditions

4. 75 % is having the right machine for the job.

:clapping:nice job..
hh
john