Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

3 trips to school wrap up photos big silver today!

Mark kus

I’ve posted my finds from three trips at this school it’s a big field I’ve been detecting and today was now let down!
Total on trip was 61 wheats 14 Jefferson’s $14.75 in quarters $7.50 in dimes and 1 dateless buffalo today I found a 1942 walker deep 8” two Washington’s 1952 1943
Mercury dimes 1941 1924 1940 1944 and a 1946 Rosie today I also got a musket ball a look to be a .45 slug a 1940’s registration tag and a nice old skeleton key..
And the nice made in Mexico baby sterling spoon .
All mostly field 2 iron bias 0 recovery 6 no discrimination I’ll be hitting this school a lot more I’m sure there’s more silver there I hope a gold ring maybe?
I have a video of the walker dig right after I cut the plug not sure if it will upload here.I did not count my pennies I’m sure there’s close to 100.
HH
Mark

The Change spent overnight in tumblr ready to spend now.

Impressive!

Thanks for the post

Rich

Thanks guys ted I’ll show you a pic of shot I use I may do a video of how I clean my clad
Here’s a video of the walker dig.

https://youtu.be/ExNxUmFf_PU

Here’s a pic of the shot I use stainless steel to clean my clad.

Boy you have a nice place to hunt

Thanks Mark! Where can that be bought? I just use some gravel with soap and water...Gets it good enough for my bank!

Ted S said:
Thanks Mark! Where can that be bought? I just use some gravel with soap and water...Gets it good enough for my bank!
Your welcome Ted the big auction online store Fleabay
Mark

Also on cleaning clad I use dish soup for a few hours to get most of the crud off then add a little CLR and a bit more soap and let it go overnight.
Mark

Do you add anything when you tumble the clad with the shot.? I been using lemon juice and aquarium gravel with the pennies and some of the clad and would like to see what this shot would do.

Thanks
Rick

floodplaindetector said:
Mark,

Nice Finds!. Never gets old seeing those walkers come out of the ground.

Dave
Thanks Dave I will continue to hunt this school for awhile
Mark

Rick(ND) said:
Do you add anything when you tumble the clad with the shot.? I been using lemon juice and aquarium gravel with the pennies and some of the clad and would like to see what this shot would do.

Thanks
Rick
Hi Rick,
I first tumble with hot water and dish soap and stainless shot for a couple hours drain refill with water dish soap and then add CLR calcium lime remover then tumble over night usually clad comes out like new just dimes nickels and quarters.
I don’t clean my pennies I have a huge jug saved up of those!
Mark

Tony N (Michigan) said:
Thanks Tony I've been eyeing this spot it's on my way to my 2 mile hike beach where I found the 1776 2 reale and numerous other old coins so I can hit both up now.

n/t