Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

3 oldies from the park

ds6191

My brother and I went hunting at a local park and along with 3.00 in clad,these nice oldies were mixed in. My brother found the Quarter and I found the penny and dime about 6 inches away from each other.
We found these last week,I thought I would share with pics,Thanks Dan

Very nice finds. I am still waiting for my first really old coin. So far the oldest was a 1922 wheat penny. But mainly i am wanting to find some good gold or silver jewelry. With diamonds would be nice.:crazy:

Nice finds Dan! WTG

Did you use the 10X12 to find those coins, just curious as to how deep they were? I have never used any coil bigger than the 8X9 coil on my Tesoros, and those go deep enough for me. 15 years in the hobby and always looking for an edge. HH...........Hombre

I have had the 10x12 on the silver for a while now, The penny was 6 inches down and the silver dime was 5 1/2 inches deep. They were really close to each other. While digging I did have to go through some of the little roots of a nearby tree,maybe the tree kept the coins close enough to the surface for me to get.
About 6-7 inches is as deep as I have dug a coin so far. So when I read about coins being found deeper then 8-10 inches I start to wonder.1. Is the umax not a deep enough machine? 2.Is it the guy swinging the Umax,me lol? 3. Or I'm just not putting the coil over the coins? Hopefully it's the 2nd or 3rd option,I can do something about those. Thanks, Dan

Nice coins! What set up is your brother using?

I read your other posts and they generally indicated you are (or were) running discrimination around zinc penny ... my thoughts on that: discriminating out at zinc penny, all sorts of pieces of foil and other mid-range conductors could be masking and keeping you from seeing the deeper copper and silver targets, particularly with the bigger coil.

I like to run with discrimination at or just above iron and then thumb the discriminator to see where a target drops out; and still dig most anything that is above iron. You will almost never see a nickle or anything gold if you are discriminating out at zinc penny. That's OK if all you really want is silver ... and you have found some nice silver already.
tvr

Hi,tvr sorry for the late response.We were both at zinc penny,but after reading posts and asking questions,we are going to back down a little more,if it means more depth,and of coarse a chance for gold....I guess gold would be cool to find LOL .thanks,Dan

You are lucky to have a park that will produce that kind of coins. Our parks are too new here and the only old one has been covered over. Keep on hunting them. Bill in texas