Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

3 Gold Rings Today

jst4thn

I haven't hunted for a while since I lost my father in early April. First time out since then. Went out to a local swimming hole for some shallow water hunting with my DFX and found these 3 gold rings today. Felt good to get out and clear my head for awhile. Thanks, Darryl

3 with a DFX. Boy, I wish I was in the water around you!!!! Any chance your in Michigan?? That is great. You might consider a water machine if your getting that lucky in shallow water. There will be a lot more deeper. I guarentee it. Also be very careful NOT to lift your coil higher than the box. That cost me a pretty penny!!

Very very nice. I just wish I knew where you are!! I wouldn't get anywhere near the shallow water though. I would be out of your territory and into the deeper stuff. Has to be a lot more out there.

...as I suspect you already know, the true treasure is not in the sand, but in the relationships of those you know and have known.

Congratulations on having the real treasure. Those memories will be with you FOREVER!~ My father died 32 years ago this November...and I too have the treasure beyond measure.

Now. Go get some more rings with that thar DFX and let's see 'em.

aj

Is a dangerous game to be playing with your DFX. Definitely consider a water machine before your DFX becomes a boat anchor.
Good Luck & HH
Keith

I find when my troubles are getting me down, nothing clears my mind and drops my stress level like a water hunt. It's the best therapy I've found for dropping some of the weight on my shoulders and the best part is I get paid for it in loot.

Cheers,

BDA:cool:

Looks like your father was with ya On that hunt... outstanding finds ,,, I know what your feeling . happen to me as well not to long ago.. HH guzz1

I definately will take all the advice on getting a water detector. I have been extremely careful and have taken every possible precaution with the DFX in the water. It just works so darn great in the water it's hard not to use it. But i know I am just looking for trouble if i continue. Does anyone have any recomendations on a descent used water detector at a descent price I should look for ? Something that would be good for a beginner in the water. I have land hunted for 20 years but water is a new frontier for me. Thanks, Darryl

Biggest bang for the $$$$ would be Tesoro Sandshark or tigershark ,,, I own a sandshark , I hunt in salt water and there very stable in the salt ... if your hunting in fresh i would go with the tigershark .... new they run 599.00 and the sandshark PI around 540.00 you can buy them used in the 400.00 range. or check used whites surfmaster PI 350 to 400.00.... I have found a lot of Gold with my sandshark.. comes with life time warranty .. Great Md.. and well built...... good luck guzz

WTG... great finds... I know how you feel.... it took me a long time to get use to not having my Dad.... and I still think about him.. in a good way...

Hang in there.....

Mike

[quote Arkie John]...as I suspect you already know, the true treasure is not in the sand, but in the relationships of those you know and have known.

Congratulations on having the real treasure. Those memories will be with you FOREVER!~ My father died 32 years ago this November...and I too have the treasure beyond measure.

Now. Go get some more rings with that thar DFX and let's see 'em.

aj[/quote]

I lost my own father going on 14 years ago, my mother 6 years ago and a sister 5 years ago. The older I get the more I realize just how wonderful my family was to grow up with. I find myself still talking to them at times. I know it's silly but I find comfort in it and my parents were very wise and loving when you needed some guidance with something. jst4tn, your grief will turn into only sweet memories in time. May God bless you and yours. Very nice finds and hope many more are coming your way.
Jerry

What a sweet comeback too. Given the circumstances, we'll allow the lack of details this time, but lets have some! I'll look through the other posts and see if you got it done there. GREAT HAUL MATE!

Great finds I have yet to find gold. I'm hoping I can get down to the water this weekend. Maybe I'll get lucky like you.
Sorry to hear about the lose of your Dad. I lost mine 10 years ago, but he lives on in all the fond memories I have of him.
That's all we can do......keep them in our hearts .I remember reading about an Indian tribe in the US west that had a saying, " when you speak the name of a person that has gone on to the great beyond, they live again" Very wise.
Three feet of water.....time for a water machine!! Thanks for sharing your finds, and good luck getting a new machine
Ed

First off I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my Mother a few years ago so I know your pain. The rings are Beautiful. Glad you are back at it. HH