Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

3 Explorer Questions

nightsout

#1 Will a new SE Pro coil work on a XS explorer.
#2 Can you send an XS back for a software update ?
# 3 if the new coil will work on the XS would it be better? other then being lighter
Thank you all for your help
nightsout

#1 Will a new SE Pro coil work on a XS explorer.

Yes, the Pro coil works on all of the Explorers and I have tested it on the XS, II, and SE with similar results and performance.

=================

#2 Can you send an XS back for a software update ?

Yes, the detector can be sent in for service if warranted but is there a problem you are trying to get resolved? How old is your XS and do you have the service history on the detector? Call the factory at 702-891-8809 and discuss it with them before sending it in.

=================

# 3 if the new coil will work on the XS would it be better? other then being lighter

Yes, you will see a noticeable difference in performance - audio signals are crisper, detection depth improved and the weight / balance benefit alone is worth the price of the coil . . . . I added the new coil to three of my five FBS-detectors and would be hard pressed to take it off. I will say that based on feedback I have heard from others using the SEF coils here and overseas, I may be looking at one of those to round out my "collection:.

=================

Andy Sabisch

Thanks Andy,
The new Pro coil (that I am waiting on) will also work on our Quadros. I was told this from Minelab customer service. This makes this new coil even better for us that have both detectors.[/b][/u][/b]