Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

250 ace

markg39

thinking about getting a 250 acefor my 11 year old....any tips on the 250....pros and cons........

I couldn't begin to tell you all the tips. One I can think of that could help is get the small sniper coil. It separates the targets much better than the stock coil and makes finding things easier in trashy areas. Read all the back posts and you will learn allot.

thanks john willlook at info

Only that it will be the best thing you ever got for your youngster. Course you may find yourself borrowing it often. :) It's light, easy to learn, easy to use, and finds lots of goodies. Run it in coins mode only and run the sensitivity at no more than four bars. Read the manual a couple of times. The archives on this forum are full of tips.

Bill

G'day Mark.
The Ace is the perfect first detector (I own a couple of Minelab machines as well, so I don't say that as a Garrett loyalist, but rather, a statement of fact). John from Edmonton posted a how to pinpoint with the Ace about a week back, so look that up for instruction as to how to pinpoint.
Practice with some coins at home. Just put them on the ground so that you can see them, then waive the detector over them and see where they show up on the display. After that, hit the pinpoint button and waive the coil over them and practice your pinpointing technique. Listen to how the audio sounds as you lose the signal. Also get some bits of junk that you recover from your hunts and watch and listen to how they behave on the display (junk bounces around a lot and a good target will give a steady reading or bounce 1 notch (usually). When pinpointing, a good target (and some junk) will give a quick or sudden fade, where as junk items will fade more slowly.
Do your first couple of hunts on a beach or in some bark chipped playgrounds. These spots are easier to recover targets from, so will save some frustration. Just remember, as he will be learning a new skill, he may experience a bit of frustration at first (we all did) but that will pass fairly quickly, and we don't usually post pictures of all the junk that we recover, so when he pulls up junk, that that's just part of the hobby. This annoys some folk, but if your aware of it, then it's not really a problem.
I wish him well and if there is anything that he wants to ask, then just fire away.
All the best.
Mick Evans.