Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

22 inches of snow

T2

Snow in VA is killing my hunting! It will be a long time before I kick a shovel......anyone have some prozac I can borrow?

n/t

I can so relate! I am here near Leesburg, Virginia, we got close to 30 inches. I anticipated this and went out for a few hours on Friday, found two Civil War bullets, an 1891 IH and a 1946 Roosevelt dime. I do not think I'll be getting out again for a while with all this snow on the ground.

We lost ours for many hours in SW VA, plus my gazebo's roof caved in from the snow weight.

Good job Mark! Getting on your hunt before the mess! great job on the finds!

Hightone, never lost power but miss hunting before the ground gets to hard and its gonna get harder and harder! Sorry to hear about the Gazebo. Don't let the rebuild ruin your spring hunts! LoL!

I hear Ice Augers work great in Snow banks let's you punch right on through the drifts.If you wait a another month or so you can try out a chisel on the frozen ground as well. We feel your pain, just when I was going to the local Stream to suck up some Gold Gravel with my new crevice pump it had to start snowing and ruin that plan until spring.
HH
Prospector Mike N.S. Canada

Two inches of rain on Christmas may yield good hunting on Saturday for us No. Va. diggers. Let's hope it melts all the snow.

Sadly the snow was/is not melted here in Northern Virginia, still too much on the ground despite temps close to 50 and steady rain all day. Now I am hoping for melting and drying for detecting on Saturday the 2nd.

Hi,
I hunt in snow a lot and I find that the T2 give me more depth when the ground is frozen, the water is a conductor of electricity so it is the ideal time to go hunt the old hunted out sites! Living in the UK snow hunting is just a normal day out! Dress well, Dig hard and don't give up!
S

Hey Silverman 777.
I have to laugh at what you are saying because I know the winters in the U.K. are nothing like what we experience here in N.A. beleive me when the ground freezes here you won't be digging unless you have a backhoe. hihi
PMike N.S.

Haha, Go to the Gym build them muscles and show some commitment to your hobby man! If I hear a beep I dig and fight and bend the shovel use dynamite but out it comes! Ever tried to dig a Roman road? Almost impossible it is 1000's of small and big stones compressed by years of stomping on, then half an hour later you are down three inches sweating and cursing and out comes a modern 5p...... Hmmm calls for some colour-full language I tell ya!
Have fun.
If all else fails use Dynamite! Show some commitment to your hobby man hahahaha

Silverman 777

All my muscles are on vacation at the moment, I tried pushing them to the top of my head and putting a elastic around them to form a bun but it broke, now all Im left with is a over - inflated tire, I told my friends it was controlled muscles but they argued and said it was more like a un-controlable one.

Yeah, I can imagine that Roman road I've met some Hard Pan roads here that I don't bother it's just to much effort to dig, Besides I need all that strength to lift the beer can after the hunt. hihi.

Wish I was in the U.K. detecting I use to have a radio friend whom lived in Devon area, he and his wife were caretakers of some Lord " F " - whatever his last name was - estate, he told me that the estate had been in that family name for over 700 years. He offered many times for my wife and I over to detect the estate, however we could not afford to go at that time. Now he is no longer caretaker there and I don't talk to him anymore on the radio since he moved away, he bought a farm somewhere on the outskirts of Devon, and he's into racecars now. I must see if I can find his address as I know he knows the family enough at least the Son of the Lord that permission to hunt might be granted if your interested in that, and since I can't go , of course I claim half of what you find haha.
Take Care
Prospector Mike
Nova Scotia Canada

Mike found something for you have a look at Places to hunt link.
Yeah that would be great if you can get hold of him My detecting buddy and me will be there in a flash! Of course you can have first pick of the collectibles I don't really sell things I collect artifacts and various coins. Of course I have great references they can contact!
Have a go at finding your friend!
have a good hunt
S