Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

2006 totals from down under.

Aussie Chris

G'Day all from the land of the burning state ! Huge bush fires raging all over the state. Supposed to be 38 degrees C tomorrow. That will not help the poor fire fighters. Most of them are in ruged country that they can't get into so there is little they can do.

Well I have had a fairly good year with the little yella terra.
Have managed A$2,557.45 in change for the year.
6 silver rings.
8 gold rings including 2 diamond rings valued at A$7,950 and A$1,000.
A bunch of sterling ear rings, bracelets and pendants.

Total retail value including coins of around A$12,000.

Found 2 ounces, 2 dwts and 6 grains of gold with a value of about A$1,800 on top of the ace finds. Can't put a value on the times spent up bush with a great bunch of blokes !

Looking forward to a good year next year.

HH
Chris.
PS. Two articles published in the Gold Gem and Treasure magazive about the Ace.

That's a pretty awesome year Chris. If I can get my Ace finds to $500 by years end, I'll be a happy chappy. Had it for just on 3 months now. Fired up the X-Terra today for the first time since I've had the Ace and I was surprised at how much better the performance of the coil, the Ace has over it.
Good luck with the fires. Been catching bits of them on the NEWS.Worst in 60 years. I'm surprised that they not grabbing more firefighters from more states yet. Hope your not under threat.I used to live in the Blue Mountains (my family still does) and we came a hairs breath from losing our house once,; it was only the actions of a neighbour that kept us from losing it.
All the best.
Mick Evans.

From the land of the Bluenose...wowzer youz go abilly bong and find all dat stuff. Your Garrett ear in tune...great year youz Bushman!

Boy you made a killing bud. Can I come live with you for a year? :) When is your other mag article coming out or did it already. I read the first one. Great bunch of finds. You ought to contact Garrett about using pics of your finds in their catalogs, brochures, and the Searcher. They are interested. I already checked. :)

Bill

Well done Chis,you can buy me a beer next time we catch up,I cant believe you havent worn that ace out with the wear and tear,,what a machine Garrett have produced for us to have so much fun with and so easy to use,all the best,Bazz

The article and pictures have been put up on this web site.

http://www.goldminingcentre.com.au/md/articles.html

Enjoy.
Chris.

Yo Chris,
What part of Oz are you in? We thought we were doing good at about $1500AUD in the past 13 months, but I think you're operating on a whole different level! That's fantastic!
What kind of areas do you hunt mostly? Where were the rings found - beach? parks? playgrounds?
You give us all something to aspire to.
Cheers,
Toby :ausflag::usaflag::usaf:(retired in SA)

G'Day Toby. I live in country Victoria. I mostly only hunt playgrounds and parks with a couple of beach hunts under my belt. All of the rings were found in playgrounds. Only been interested in coin and relic since Feb last year. Have got 25 years exp on the gold fields when I decided to give the coin and treasure a go. Should have started up 15 years ago ?

Chris.