Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

2 x70 questions......(I'm learning :help: )

Icehouse

I just picked up my X70 last week. I am trying to familiarize myself with it and I think things are going pretty well and I like the x70 very much. I have only been using the standard 9" coil so far but I plan on trying the 6" DD hi-freq. coil this weekend.

Question 1, Does the x70 detect as deep in pinpoint mode as it does in prospecting mode and it's normal search mode? The reason I ask is because sometimes when I find a target and I switch to pinpoint mode, the target will sometimes disappear and I receive no tone whatsoever as I sweep over the same area. If I put the x70 back into it's normal detecting mode or prospecting mode the target returns.

Question 2, Sometimes when I put the x70 into prospecting mode to try and accurately determine the size of a target I will loose the prospecting tone as I move the coil directly over the target. The tone gets really high pitched like normal and then it just blanks directly over the target. If I lift the coil say 3-4 inches off the ground when it is directly over the target the tone returns like normal. Is this like a overload response or may it be due to me not having the x70 correctly setup or?

I usually auto ground balance the x70 in all metal mode to get it set to the ground I am hunting and I also re-ground balance several times as I hunt. I also auto noise cancel the x70 only when I first start my hunts. Maybe I am not doing something properly so I thought I'd ask.

Thanks for any help as I appreciate it greatly.

Large or shallow targets will overload the prospecting mode. Try moving your coil about 6 inches from your target before you push the PP button. You might be right over the target when you PP-ing and it's detuning the target out.

First off the Coins & Prospecting modes are two completely different kinds of beasts. It's as if you change to a different type of detector, so don't expect them to act the same. Sometimes it can be hard to develop that type of mindset, since you're holding the same detector in your hands. Just for grins:

The CXT-70 Coinshooting Detector & The PXT-70 Prospecting Detector

Question 1, Does the x70 detect as deep in pinpoint mode as it does in prospecting mode and it's normal search mode?

The Pinpoint depth in Coins mode is closely matched to normal search depth. Prospecting search mode is the deepest mode.

The reason I ask is because sometimes when I find a target and I switch to pinpoint mode, the target will sometimes disappear and I receive no tone whatsoever as I sweep over the same area. If I put the x70 back into it's normal detecting mode or prospecting mode the target returns.

The Pinpoint function is an autotune type that adjusts the sensitivity automatically. It is very important that when you push the pinpoint button that you be over target free ground about an inch above the soil. If you hit the pinpoint button while over any kind of metal, the detector will immediately turn the sensitivity down. And when you swing over your target it will appear to be gone. Switching Out & In to Pinpoint resets that sensitivity level. Practice over an area with a shallow target and you will get the hang of it.

Question 2, Sometimes when I put the x70 into prospecting mode to try and accurately determine the size of a target I will loose the prospecting tone as I move the coil directly over the target. The tone gets really high pitched like normal and then it just blanks directly over the target. If I lift the coil say 3-4 inches off the ground when it is directly over the target the tone returns like normal. Is this like a overload response or may it be due to me not having the x70 correctly setup or?

The overload signal is a kind of bell tone. Take a vegetable can, set it on the soil, swing coil=overload. The most likely reason the target is blanking is because you were in Disc in the Coins mode, which when pushing the "Mode" button put you in Prospecting "Disc" mode which is it's Iron Mask setting. Swinging over iron a couple times will cause the Iron Mask to mute the tone since it is "Disc-ing) it out.

HH
BarnacleBill

Thank-you khouse and BarnacleBill. The pinpointing problem as you both pointed out is exactly what I was doing wrong. I had the PP working perfect today. Likewise was I doing the prospecting incorrectly as was mentioned.

Also, I have familiarized myself with the overload tone so I recognize it in the future. Little by little I will learn this most excellent detector. Happy>:detecting: