Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

2 unusual spills

407floyd

Been too busy to post for a good while now. Still keep up with everybody else's though. It's dry out there since all the moisture got concentrated in Appalachia. Nature can be cruel and has no prejudice. Its going to be a tough recovery. Here's the filthy pile. Found 2 spills of the unusual variety. I dug a target and noticed several ornate shell buttons in the hole and hanging out of the side. started digging around and it turned out to be a 1 foot diameter spill of shell and bone buttons. A few glass ones too. At the very back of the property I hit an area of high tones that ended up being a dump of, what seems to be, early 20th or late 19th century printer's blocks. Maybe 25 or so came out of that area. Probably a narrow 5' strip. Lots of fun digging that stuff. Notice that everything is the same color in that pile. I'll clean it up and post the colorful version later.

Attachments

• 94B89C7A-6FB0-4C88-8B82-6C87551B4881_1_201_a.jpeg
    94B89C7A-6FB0-4C88-8B82-6C87551B4881_1_201_a.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 55
Been too busy to post for a good while now. Still keep up with everybody else's though. It's dry out there since all the moisture got concentrated in Appalachia. Nature can be cruel and has no prejudice. Its going to be a tough recovery. Here's the filthy pile. Found 2 spills of the unusual variety. I dug a target and noticed several ornate shell buttons in the hole and hanging out of the side. started digging around and it turned out to be a 1 foot diameter spill of shell and bone buttons. A few glass ones too. At the very back of the property I hit an area of high tones that ended up being a dump of, what seems to be, early 20th or late 19th century printer's blocks. Maybe 25 or so came out of that area. Probably a narrow 5' strip. Lots of fun digging that stuff. Notice that everything is the same color in that pile. I'll clean it up and post the colorful version later.
That is the fun of this hobby, finding the unexpected! Great targets recovered!