Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

2 THUMBS DOWN 4 SUN RAY S-12 ?:thumb down:

dirtdevil21

I recently purchased an S-12 coil on this forum with half an hour of use. This thing stinks like no other coil I have used.
I can id a clad quarter @ a whole 5 in. max. With my stock coil I can id a quarter @ 14 inches. Dug an Indian @ 9" deep
with stock coil, S-12 couldn't see it at all. Any advice on this coil? Or the company?

How about you got the VERY rare bad S-12 coil.
Someone sold it with only 1/2 hr of use? That is not normal. Most who use ANY Sunray coil love them.
Ralph would probably like to see that one.

Was it modified in any way or do you know?

HH

I wonder why it was sold with only a 1/2 hours use? If it was bad you would think the guy that had it would have seen his dealer and sent back to Sun Ray to be checked out and not sold if it was new.
The Sun Rays are the most trouble free coils I have ever seen and have yet to see a bad one myself, but like anything it can happen.
I did the Field test for the S12 Intruder for park use and found it to be excellent even in moderate trash and depth to be great.
First thing I would do is contact the person you bought it from to see if he notice anything with it, then contact Ralph at Sun Ray and see what he thinks you should do and like Art says see if it has been modified as someone may have did something to it like shortened the cord and not solder the wires back right as these coils are great normally.

Ive been using an S12 for many years now,never really had any problems hitting coins very deep,you just got a bad coil I guess.Better check with the last owner!

This coil was not modified or altered in any way. The cord is rather long and the plug has not been tampered with. There's not one scratch on it either. Thanks for the input.

dirtdevil,
Did you readjust the settings (sensitivity) of the detector to accommodate the larger coil? I know that sometimes you have to do this when changing coils. Just a thought I had. Hope you get it figured out.

HH, bottlebum

at Sun Ray he is top's to deal with and he can help you.