Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

2 machines

findit

if you have one machine and could only choose one more any brand which one would it be.Or if you already have more than two and could only keep
two out of all the machines out there which ones would you choose to
basically cover everything on dry land?

My F75 is terrific on dry land and I also have a cz3d. Although my f75 gets all my field hunting use, my cz gets some tot lot use as I have the small coil for it and I can get very close to playground equipment with it. The cz is also a good beach machine. Quite frankly, though, I don't know if I need them both, but the cz's have always served me so well that I just can't let this one go. HH jim tn

xl pro,and the cz-70!..in my opinion,these two are evenly matched!.i have hunted with whitey's products over 30 years,however i bought a fisher cz-70 a few years ago,and if you throw out the fact that it is a poorly balanced detector that requires that you hip mount it,i believe it to be a "nasty" coin sniper!..and could equal the pro-xl!in all hunting situations...the reason i do not still have it,is because of the poor balance,and having to hip mount it all the time!..i really got sick of doing that!

(h.h!)
j.t.

It would be my Xl Pro:clap:and my MXT for me..:clapping: I have all the coils for both and they GET UR DONE..:thumbup:

Regards,:detecting:
Bill G

That is a tough question, but if I could have only 1 detector the Sovereign GT with the 180 meter, if 2 the Explorer SE, if I could have 3 then the MXT or the F-75 as I do have all 4 of these now and are used for different places.

Fisher's F-75 and Tesoro's Golden MicroMax with a Cleansweep coil. Those two will cover all your inland hunting needs.

The Golden/Cleansweep will cover all your clad hunting requirements.

The F-75 is by far the best inland jewelry hunter when you want to concentrate on that. The F-75 can handle all your iron trash area's and deeper coin sites. When you want to go nugget hunting, it can handle that, too. Cache hunting as well. It also has features that make it a workhorse for tracing pipe, finding markers, and other such activity. I have used a lot of detectors, and many are fun to use, but these two are tops.

I currently have a couple of Minelabs as well, but I could sell those and not really miss them. I couldn't sell the F-75 and Golden uMax.

Good luck.

Mike

I use a Minelab Quattro for relics and deep trashy sites, and a White's MXT for everything else. I can't imagine a better combination, though I know there are some very good machines out there.

I use 5" Excelerator coils on both.

Marc

I like to use the Sovereign GT in yards where ID is very important so I don't dig anymore than I have too as the GT hates iron plus is a killer on nickles. The Explorer SE in the older parks and ball field everyone thinks is cleaned out and where I can dig more iffy signals that are deeper. The MXT and the F-75 seem to be a good detector when I want to checkout a area as you can swing the coil much faster and hear those coins that are not that deep and some that are deeper, like I say a great detector if you want to check out a area fast to see what is there. I will say for me the F-75 sure loves rusty bottle caps and pieces of the old tin cans.

:cool: Well, dirtfisher has a Whites IDX Pro for my general all around hunting machine. I have a Fisher 1266X for deep beach hunting and a Discovery 3300 for backpacking purposes. And a AquaVision Pro for underwater hunting. My favorite company is Whites but they better come up with some new models soon or I am going to switch to Bounty Hunter.:wiggle:

The T2 as a primary and Hmmm... lets see, Oh yeah, something that also is light weight and with an available small coil.,, For coins either the C$ (hip mounted) or ID Edge with the small coils are my picks. For Non-ID and deep coins in iron the ML Advantage is hard to beat with the right coil. For good depth in my ground (beats the CZ's around here) and when a small coil is available, the X-70 could be a contender.

Tom

I'm a Minelab Nut. 2 Sovereign GT's, 2 Excals, and an Explorer SE. The only other that I've kept is the Garrett Ace 250.

If I had the choice of only two, and for unselfish reasons, I would probably say Sovereign GT and.........a Garrett Ace 250. I take lots of relatives hunting and the ACE 250 is truly a turn on and go unit. They start making great discriminated finds immediately which makes it a lot more fun for me and tends to lure them into the hobby very quickly.

When I travel, I always have an ACE 250 packed away as it is very light and breaks down very small.

Thats not an easy one for me since I seem to take 3 machines along most times. But if I could only take 2 - it would be my:
Explorer-II & Tejon - for working an area throughly
Cibola & ACE 250 - for a short hunt or a quick check of a new area

My 2 would be my AH Pro 2 and the Whites 4900D Pro Plus. The Pro 2 is very sensitive for nickels and rings! The 4900 is my DeepSeeKer and beach hunter!...............HH.............Joe