Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

2 machines

findit

if you have one machine and could only choose one more any brand which one would it be.Or if you already have more than two and could only keep
two out of all the machines out there which ones would you choose to
basically cover everything on dry land?

I enjoy too many different aspects of this hobby to only survive with two machines! Water huntig, relics, indian artifacts/fur trade, parks, competition hunts.....DONT MAKE ME DECIDE!

It just goes to show, there really is no one "perfect" machine for every application in this hobby.

Dry land? Garrett GTP 1350 and a Tesoro Vaquero.

Deleon and Ace 250. Mainly because that's all I have.

I have a Tejon, my second would be the Nautilus IIb with 6" and 15" heads. After I clean house with the Tejon, the big 15 on the Nauti will go down and get whats left at depth :detecting:

I'm with Jerry, I have 5 detectors but if I had to choose, it would be the Tejon and Nautilus IIB. My XLT would run a close 3rd.
Mike

very interesting, like to here some more opinions.Also if anyone can
note the comparisons between the two favorites

Great question on what machine to get as a second. I have a Tesoro Deleon with multiple coils as a second machine, It is light weight, has a screen with and 5 segmented bar graph, two digit ID number, coin depth indicator, battery indicator,Preset ground balance, VLF 10 kHz Frequency,9" x 8" Concentric Coil, drop in battery packs and best of all one of the only companies that still has a lifetime warranty. The unit List price is $599.00 and can be had for a mear $479.20 plus tax.
The first time I used this machine it was so easy to operate compared to my DFX that it is now becoming my main machine with the DFX taking a back seat. Beach hunting with the clean sweep coil is awesome, it is fast and complete on each swing. You can cover the area extremely quick using it, this will allow you to get the goodies before the other detectorist are still setting up there machines to go hunting. I can swing this machine all day and not even start to get tired. As a matter of fact my 11 year old grand daughter swung it for 4 hours and she wasn't tired from swinging. This was her first time even using a detector and now she wants one for her own. She is very tiny at only 85 lbs., if she can do this so can you. She found around 30 coins her first time. Let me know if you need any more information on these machines or any of the Tesoro lines as I am a Tesoro Full Line Dealer.

Treasures Down Under
Tim
269-445-2799

Great post, Tim. Where are you located?

I, too, love the Deleon. At one time thought about getting the Cortes, but it's display is smaller, and I don't care about the 9 segment graph over the 5. I don't care if it is round or square tabs, and I don't need to know the difference in coins. If it's a coin, I want it.

GB might be nice, but the SUM would be all that I might be interested in.

HH

Dan

great response tim thanks, curious to hear some other peoples favorites. Also can anyone compare some of the old tesoro's vs new

Minelab Explorer, Tesoro Tejon and Tesoro Cibola - there's one team - I'll have to think about my second gang.

I live in South West Michigan. Cassopolis to be exact. We are 30 minutes south of Kalamazoo Michigan and 20 minutes north east of Southbend Indiana.The Deleon is an awesome machine.
Call me and maybe we can chat,

Treasures Down Under
Tim Swenor
269-445-2799

GB might be nice, but the SUM would be all that I might be interested in.
Sum mode has some use, but AFAIK, the GB is fixed in the DISC mode.

Got two coils for the Tejon and three coils for the Exploder.

This covers me for targets in iron and gives me a deep TID machine. Also, the Tejon would serve for competition hunts, but even then, I'd feel undergunned for everything as the Explorer has poor target seperation, even with the 5" coil and my Garretts do better with targets in modern aluminum trash.

Sometimes I just like scrubbing-up clad or hunting shallow jewelry, for those types of hunting I like my old Freedom Ace plus or a fast TID machine like my 250 or 1000 PM with small coils attached to the 250/1000. The Explorer would do fine with notching in rings around the pool, but that slow sweep speed gets tiresome.

If I had to pick just two, the Tejon and Exploder get the nod.

Interesting post!
Skillet