Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

2 Day Hunt!!

Sandtick

Just got back from a two day lake hunt. I hit 5 different lakes and had some great luck.

The first day I headed out with my father-in law to hit a couple of party sandbars. Unfortunately this was his first and last water hunt. Just too much physical work for him. When he was in his twenties he accidentally ran a circular saw through his leg trying to hurry on a job site. Needless to say the leg was never the same. So anyway we did not get to detect these two spots for long, but they do look very promising.

The second day I met up with Mike (Iron Brigade) for a few hours and hunted a sandbar we have done before. Met four other detectorists there hunting also. We all looked like a well tuned road crew. Not sure how they ended up for the day but I was able to pull a couple of rings out plus a Buffalo Nickle. This sandbar usually doesn't produce much but I was a happy camper!

Mike had to leave to get back home and of course a was on a "high" so I decided to hit a "secret" beach that my father use to swim at as a teen. Last time I hit this area my first single was gold. This time my first single was a crucifix that looks like gold but I am leaning towards not. Will have to get it checked out. I did recover two silver rings one of which is an older Cub Scout ring.

So my total was $3.00 in clad plus the Buffalo, one gold ring, one tungsten carbide ring by Titan, two silver rings and a few junk pieces of jewelry and oh.......a huge pile of junk!

shows us you are not missing much. WTG on the goodies - sure wish I lived near there to go detecting with you , good luck on the gold check ! Steve in so la

Is say you had a really good hunt. That is a lot if jewelry. Congratulations on all the good finds.

Great time as always. Thanks for the invite. Check that hoop ear ring I believe it is silver. You had a banner day congrats my friend. :thumbup:

Well darn. That big nice cross turned out not to be gold. I had my fingers crossed.

Martin - anytime you want to go detecting please let me know. I think we would have a real good time.

Steve - I wish you were up here also. I'm always trying to find someone to go detecting with me but everyone always backs out. I'm beginning to wonder if it's me.

Mike - Nope not silver on that hoop earring.

Travis - Yes it was my best hunt of the year. I could have went all day and night if time was not a factor.