Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1st ring with the M6 :wiggle:

ccfl

Found my 1st ring today with the M6. I found it in a mulch tot-lot about 2" down. It showed 32 on the VDI and sounded "round".

wow" nice find , 32 v.d.i amzing how somthing so valuble gets the same v.d.i as somthing so worthless like a bottle top or pull tab , its the same whith seeking God so many singnals that seem promising so many false doctrins and cults but for those who dont give up they will find God now if you whear in the coin mode you would have missed it i allways keep my m-6 on NO.1 setting whear the nickles come in thanks for sharing the find

Way to go!
I'm sure there are many more where that came from, just keep diggin a lot of signals. Ive had my M6 since february and have already found 22 rings! The m6 is a "ringhog" as me and my hunt buddy call it. Good luck!
jcooking

Thanks, I did dig up quite a bit of canslaw before finding this. I guess the aluminum gets shredded while making the mulch as well as added aluminum being thrown around by mowers. There was a distinct difference in sound though aided by the shallowness of the target.

Hey Gunnar I started putting the notch at the F in foil after reading one of the posts. I air tested it after finding it and the signal didn't go away until quite aways past the first preset mark....depth would have suffered though. I know air tests aren't the best, but I figure the more I listen, the more I will learn the differences in tones. I guess I'll just have to keep digging pulltabs and canslaw and hope for more nickles and rings. I don't have the best hearing and headphones help out alot.

Hi ccfl,

Not sure what coil your using but depending on the amount of trash you have to pick through the coil size will help a lot with target separation both in Tone and VDI response. I really like the M6 and glad you made that super find and certain more will follow. Good Luck. HH Bill

iv never seen a metal detector for the hard of hearing but i think some kind of light that would change color or get brighter or dim then the deff could hunt to . gunnar bradford minnesota

n/t